Author Topic: REPUBLICAN-LED SENATE FAILS TO OVERRIDE OBAMA'S VETO OF BILL APPROVING KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE  (Read 1254 times)

Offline flowers

banner only...

foxnews.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
banner only...

foxnews.com
The much cherished Constitution in operation. This is not unusual. It is our form of government, and we all should have learned this by the time of high school civics.

Total of 2565 vetoes since George Washington, all but 110 sustained. Reality.

This course SHOULD HAVE been predictable, yet we find so many that have apparently been caught by surprise, by our very form of Government.

Perhaps when calling others "low information voters" one should accurately access their own knowledge level as well.

The path to power in our system rests with the ability to persuade others to your side. Too few on the right seem to fully embrace that particular reality at this time.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

2/3 of a vote is required and it failed.  Obama is going to continue to veto whatever this Congress passes; no one should be surprised.  Obama will continue to act on his own through executive order.  The only way to prevent the overreach of this president is to IMPEACH him.  The only way to hold him accountable and responsible is to IMPEACH him.  There is no other course of action that this Congress can take.  They have run out of options. They may not get the votes necessary for impeachment, but in this point in time, it's at least worth trying.  I would vote for a Congress who at least tried to stop his insanity and I won't vote for a Congress who does nothing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Reality. There have been 2565 Presidential vetoes, and only 110 overridden. Therefore 2455 times, Congress has failed to override a Presidential veto.

Since there have only been a few impeachment attempts, usually life just went on. When everyday ordinary events in life compel people to light their hair on fire, there may be deeper issues.

I remember in 1986 I was highly pissed off when Reagan gave an Amnesty to illegal immigrants. Fortunately I eventually got over it.

I learned to view politics as Reagan himself had advised; if you can get 75% your way, take it.

If all the Republicans do is continue putting up bills that they KNOW will be vetoed, to please just their voters, they may be setting the GOP up for unnecessary criticism, compared to an approach of trying to reach compromises with democrats and Obama.

I doubt that will be popular with the Fresno.com mentality, there and here. They like the losing strategy, max hair burning, min results. Plenty of themes for radio performers, internet sites, etc. The 5% wishing they were the 51%.

The right criticizes Obama for being a community organizer, a agitator. But they respond daily to their own agitators; Levin, Limbo, etc.

They will say Impeach, and the followers will cry out with emotion and anger, on cue. Of course that might be damaging to more thoughtful conservatives' plans and hopes to appeal to mainstream American voters that aren't crazy and setting their hair on fire.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PzLdr

Reality. There have been 2565 Presidential vetoes, and only 110 overridden. Therefore 2455 times, Congress has failed to override a Presidential veto.

Since there have only been a few impeachment attempts, usually life just went on. When everyday ordinary events in life compel people to light their hair on fire, there may be deeper issues.

I remember in 1986 I was highly pissed off when Reagan gave an Amnesty to illegal immigrants. Fortunately I eventually got over it.

I learned to view politics as Reagan himself had advised; if you can get 75% your way, take it.

If all the Republicans do is continue putting up bills that they KNOW will be vetoed, to please just their voters, they may be setting the GOP up for unnecessary criticism, compared to an approach of trying to reach compromises with democrats and Obama.

I doubt that will be popular with the Fresno.com mentality, there and here. They like the losing strategy, max hair burning, min results. Plenty of themes for radio performers, internet sites, etc. The 5% wishing they were the 51%.

The right criticizes Obama for being a community organizer, a agitator. But they respond daily to their own agitators; Levin, Limbo, etc.

They will say Impeach, and the followers will cry out with emotion and anger, on cue. Of course that might be damaging to more thoughtful conservatives' plans and hopes to appeal to mainstream American voters that aren't crazy and setting their hair on fire.

And when was the last time the current GOP leadership got 75% of anything but bupkus?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee