Author Topic: Minorities Will Be Majority of US by 2044: Census Bureau  (Read 918 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Minorities Will Be Majority of US by 2044: Census Bureau
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:55:31 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=628139

Newsmax
Minorities Will Be Majority of US by 2044: Census Bureau
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 07:14 AM

By: Elliot Jager

The U.S. Census Bureau has projected that by 2044 more than half of all adults in America will belong to a minority group, according to MRC TV.

The report, "Projections of the Size and Composition of the U.S. Population: 2014 to 2060," released Tuesday, examines the total population, native and foreign-born, and concludes that the United States will "become a plurality nation" by 2044.

The non-Hispanic white population will still be the largest, but no racial or ethnic group is likely to have more than a 50 percent share of the total population.

Among the other findings made in the Census report:

The United States is already nearly a majority-minority nation among those under age 18.
    By 2020, some 50.2 percent of children in the U.S. are expected to be a part of a racial or ethnic minority.
    By 2044, the U.S. population will crossover to become majority-minority, with 50.3 percent of all adults in America being minorities.
    The country's population will swell to 417 million by 2060, compared to roughly 320 million today.
    All baby boomers will be age 65 or older by 2030.
    Nearly 20 percent of Americans will be foreign born by 2060, compared to 13 percent in 2014. Hispanic will be the largest foreign-born group, followed by non-Hispanic Asian.
    The population of "single-race non-Hispanic White" children will drop to 36 percent by 2060, compared with 52 percent today.

The report also predicts that the nation's population will grow more slowly in future decades than it did during the 20th century.

The figures in the report are based on the 2014 National Projections, the second series of projections based on the 2010 Census (updating projections released in 2012), the bureau said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Minorities Will Be Majority of US by 2044: Census Bureau
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:05:56 pm »
To be blunt, something I don't usually have a problem with, who cares?

The only real problem, or threat is muslims, but this country can't welcome them in fast enough.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 02:39:46 am »
Jeb and George W love this.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 03:12:41 am »
I don't care about the complexion, just the principles.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 03:41:27 am »
AbaraXas wrote above:
[[ I don't care about the complexion, just the principles. ]]

It sure feels good to say that.
Indeed, I used to [almost] believe it myself.

But...

The reality is, is that the "complexion" is usually the determinant of the "principles".

And that's precisely why the nation is being "fundamentally changed". This is exactly the intent of those who are doin' the changin'.

I -do- "care about the complexion" these days.

Aside: Caring, however, isn't and won't be enough. The nation's fate looks to be sealed, for demographics are destiny.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 05:28:46 am »
I just hope all the folks singing "Kumbayah" won't disturb my dirt nap.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee