Author Topic: Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action  (Read 2562 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/conncarroll/2015/03/02/obama-very-interested-in-raising-taxes-through-executive-action-n1964629/print

Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action
Conn Carroll
3/2/2015 2:28:00 PM

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest confirmed Monday that President Obama is "very interested" in the idea of raising taxes through unitlateral executive action.

"The president certainly has not indicated any reticence in using his executive authority to try and advance an agenda that benefits middle class Americans," Earnest said in response to a question about Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) calling on Obama to raise more than $100 billion in taxes through IRS executive action.

"Now I don't want to leave you with the impression that there is some imminent announcement, there is not, at least that I know of," Earnest continued. "But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals. So I am not in a position to talk in any detail at this point, but the president is very interested in this avenue generally," Earnest finished.

Sanders sent a letter to Treasury Secretary Jack Lew Friday identifying a number of executive actions he believes the IRS could take, without any input from Congress, that would close loopholes currently used by corporations. In the past, IRS lawyers have been hesitant to use executive actions to raise significant amounts of revenue, but that same calculation has change in other federal agencies since Obama became president.

Obama's preferred option would be for Congress to pass a corporate tax hike that would fund liberal infrastructure projects like mass transit. But if Congress fails to do as Obama wishes, just as Congress has failed to pass the immigration reforms that Obama prefers, Obama could take actions unilaterally instead. This past November, for example, Obama gave work permits, Social Security Numbers, and drivers licenses to approximately 4 million illegal immigrants.

Those immigration actions, according to the Congressional Budget Office, will raise federal deficits by $8.8 billion over the next ten years.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 12:54:26 am »
All that stands between Obama and his desires is the Constitution of the United States.

What are you prepared to do about it, America?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 12:57:38 am »
Since Obama is obtaining everything he wants through executive orders and in essence making Congress ineffective and actually of no significance anymore; then we no longer are a Republic.  We are becoming a dictatorship just like; Burma,- Chechnya- Libya- North Korea- Sudan- Turkmenistan- Uzbekistan- Algeria- Angola- Azerbaijan- Belarus- Bhutan- Cambodia- Cameroon- Chad- China- Congo (Brazzaville)- Congo (Kinshasa)- Cote d'Ivoire-  Cuba - Egypt- Equatorial Guinea- Eritrea- Guinea- Gabon- Iran- Kazakhstan- Laos- Russia- Rwanda- Saudi Arabia- Swaziland- Syria- Tajikistan- Tunisia- Vietnam

Two things here.  First, it is becoming apparent that through executive orders we will not see another election; two years is a long time to allow Obama to do whatever he wants.  Secondly, what or who is going to stop him?  Members of Congress are continuing to allow him to do whatever he wants.  Their votes don't count as he vetoes what he doesn't like.  He ignores judges' rulings.

In the past I have mentioned IMPEACHMENT.  Do anyone see any other option?  If so, what?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:24:48 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 01:05:46 am »

In the past I have mentioned IMPEACHMENT.  Do anyone see any other option?  If so, what?

There is only one way for a citizenship to defeat tyranny.  It's been the same way throughout history. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:06:59 am »
Since Obama is obtaining everything he wants through executive orders and in essence making Congress ineffective and actually of no significance anymore; then we no longer are a Republic.  We will become a complete dictatorship just like North Korea, Syria, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Sudan, Rwanda, China, Lybia, Iran, Egypt.

Two things here.  First, is becoming apparent that through executive orders we will not see another election; two years is a long time to allow Obama to do whatever he wants.  Secondly, what or who is going to stop him?  Members of Congress are continuing to allow him to do whatever he wants.  Their votes don't count as he vetoes what he doesn't like.  He ignores judges' rulings.

Impeachment is the only answer...There has to come a time when he oversteps his position and pisses off the Dems..right now no one even has the guts to bring charges...so I don't see it happening in the near future..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:08:29 am »
There is only one way for a citizenship to defeat tyranny.  It's been the same way throughout history.

The American people haven't reached that point yet...don't know what it would take for that.
Support the USO

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 01:09:12 am »
The American people haven't reached that point yet...don't know what it would take for that.

Obama raising corporate taxes via EO may be a catalyst. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 01:30:01 am »
All that stands between Obama and his desires is the Constitution of the United States.

What are you prepared to do about it, America?

Turn up the TV volume?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 01:44:08 am »
This is all the equivalent of the Reichstag fire.

Obama is following in the footsteps of Hitler in every way, including his embrace of Islam and his attitude toward Jews.

If he succeeds in his goal to nullify Congress, which he has almost done already, then there will be nothing stopping him from declaring himself 'dictator for life', as he has almost done already.

Who says history does not repeat itself?

I think his plan is to intentionally create some sort of, 'great crisis', economic or internationally. Then he will declare that because of that 'crisis', which he created, it is impossible for him to step down at this time.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:05:59 am »
I wish I had a dime for every time something Obama has done reminded me of the Reichstag fire. This is getting tiresome.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 02:20:06 am »
I wish I had a dime for every time something Obama has done reminded me of the Reichstag fire. This is getting tiresome.

Tireseome? As you are tired of hearing about Obama or tired of his overreach?

What is it going to take before Americans quit being in denial, or indifferent or uncaring and become motivated?   :patriot:

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 03:10:38 am »
Andy asks above:
[[ All that stands between obama and his desires is the Constitution of the United States.
What are you prepared to do about it, America? ]]

Interesting that you posed that question to "America", and NOT to the legislators that claim to govern it.

Everyone in this forum already KNOWS what the Lame Duck Republican Majority would do.

Why would obama NOT attempt to try something like this?

Who has stopped him from doing anything else that he (or his puppeteer) wants to do?

Offline evadR

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 04:06:33 am »
Hitler hoped to abolish democracy in a more or less legal fashion, by passing the Enabling Act. The Enabling Act was a special law which gave the Chancellor the power to pass laws by decree, without the involvement of the Reichstag. These special powers would remain in effect for four years, after which time they were eligible to be renewed

Sound familiar???
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 08:10:12 am »

Two things here.  First, it is becoming apparent that through executive orders we will not see another election; two years is a long time to allow Obama to do whatever he wants.  Secondly, what or who is going to stop him?  Members of Congress are continuing to allow him to do whatever he wants.  Their votes don't count as he vetoes what he doesn't like.  He ignores judges' rulings.

We could elect a different President in 20 months.  He could come up with his own all powerful EOs and fix everything.
Whew.  Glad I solved that.  Now I can get some rest.

I remember how all the conservatives on TOS thought Clinton wouldn't step down in 2000.  I was one of them.  I'm a little wiser now I hope.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 12:32:11 pm »
We could elect a different President in 20 months.  He could come up with his own all powerful EOs and fix everything.
Whew.  Glad I solved that.  Now I can get some rest.

I remember how all the conservatives on TOS thought Clinton wouldn't step down in 2000.  I was one of them.  I'm a little wiser now I hope.

With Clinton we had to deal with his lies about not having sex with Lewinsky and the USS Cole incident.  With Obama we've had to deal with his lies/incidents about Israel, Fast 'n Furious, Benghazi, the IRS, the VA, Egypt, illegal immigration, Libya, Egypt, Afghanistan, Iraq, Obamacare, etc., etc.  ...hmm... which president was more destructive to this country because of his lies/overreach?  Whew.  Glad I solved that.  That's why resting and pretending he's not dismantling the Constitution and destroying this country isn't an option.  Hopefully more and more people are getting a whole lot wiser and realize we as a country may not make it to another election.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:33:33 pm by libertybele »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 01:31:51 pm »
Tireseome? As you are tired of hearing about Obama or tired of his overreach?

What is it going to take before Americans quit being in denial, or indifferent or uncaring and become motivated?   :patriot:
Tired of his overreach. Tired of his dictatorial behavior and the public's indifference. Tired of elected officials who refuse to stop him. Tired of him chipping away at our God-given rights. The list goes on and on. Tired of finding so many damn parallels between 2015 America and 1933 Germany.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline evadR

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 08:58:58 pm »
Tired of his overreach. Tired of his dictatorial behavior and the public's indifference. Tired of elected officials who refuse to stop him. Tired of him chipping away at our God-given rights. The list goes on and on. Tired of finding so many damn parallels between 2015 America and 1933 Germany.
He will instigate a crisis in 2016 that will necessitate him postponing the election...indefinitely.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 09:05:14 pm »
He will instigate a crisis in 2016 that will necessitate him postponing the election...indefinitely.

Voters thought that they had accomplished such a victory in the mid-terms; it was nothing more than illusion to take the focus off of what is really happening to this country.  The early focus on the 2016 elections is more of the same; keep people thinking that we are going to have another election in order to distract them from what's really going on.  By this time next year, people will finally realize it's too late to do anything and kick themselves for not recognizing the warning signs and paying attention a little sooner.

Just my humble opinion of course and I hope I am wrong.  However, all the so-called rumors that I had heard during the last couple of years during W's term, and supposed rumors about Obama and his plan to destroy America have all come true.  Frightening.  God help us all.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:09:04 pm by libertybele »

Offline evadR

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 12:09:26 am »
God help us all.

"God's sitting this one out"
(the Punisher)

I believe God has had enough of this experiment called homo sapiens for a while and is leaving us totally to our own devices/destruction.

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 12:46:08 am »
Less than 2 years left.