Author Topic: Dr. Ben Carson Fires up CPAC in Great Opening Day Speech  (Read 286 times)

rangerrebew

Dr. Ben Carson Fires up CPAC in Great Opening Day Speech
« on: March 01, 2015, 04:30:28 pm »

Dr. Ben Carson Fires up CPAC in Great Opening Day Speech

By Onan Coca   / 28 February 2015   / 75 Comments   

Dr. Ben Carson has become an icon among grassroots conservatives. His willingness to speak plainly and the obvious strength of his character lend him great respect among them. In just over the past year, Dr. Carson has risen among the ranks of the political elite, and it’s been almost solely because of his character and his honesty. Because of this, the good folks at the American Conservative Union (who run CPAC) decided that Dr. Carson would get the prime gig of opening up 2015’s CPAC. It would be his task to get an early fire lit under the folks in attendance.

And boy, did he get the job done.

After a warm reception from an adoring capacity crowd, Dr. Carson lit into the Obama administration and railed against the evils of the train wreck that is Obamacare.

Carson on the Welfare System:

“We need to understand what true compassion is to reach out to individuals who think that being dependent is reasonable as long as they feel safe. It’s not compassion to pat them on the head and say, ‘There, there, I’m going to take care of all your needs, your health care, your food.' That’s the opposite of compassion. I’m not interested in getting rid of a safety net, I’m interested in getting rid of dependency.”

Carson on Obamacare:

“Everything that these programs were supposed to fix has gotten worse.”

Carson on our national debt:

“One of the things that is going to destroy us as a nation is our debt. The size of our government needs to be going down and the debt needs to be going down.”

Carson on the possibility of being President:

“I’m ready for leadership on the world stage and not just sitting around and waiting to see what other people do.”

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/15637/dr-ben-carson-fires-cpac-great-opening-day-speech/#juCkxZgyMXKjBHVL.99