Author Topic: Pentagon Scrubs Major Attack on ISIS  (Read 4977 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Pentagon Scrubs Major Attack on ISIS
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 08:41:21 pm »
I can't kill all the ants in my house, but if I don't kill as many as I can all the time, soon my house will be overrun with ants.

Same thing.

If you allow an enemy to grow because you think you can't defeat them, all you end up with is an enemy too big to defeat.

Our efforts are not shrinking their numbers.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 08:42:06 pm »
I'm humored by the fact that you accused Luis of being 'naïve.'

How is ISIS going to defeat the U.S military and overpower the 75 million gun owners in the United States?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:43:02 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 08:45:54 pm »
We weren't able to kill enough of them to stop extremism during the 8 years Bush was in office. Surely just a few more years, right? Sooner or later, surely.

How many Christians were openly beheaded or crucified during the Bush years?  Who was in control of Iraq during those years?  ISIS?

Our military was THERE, killing THEM by the thousands.  Al-Qaeda would NOT have flourished if a strong Republican, or even a patriotic Democrat (there used to be such a thing..... before you were born), were in the White House.

I have to ask this question, though........... what, in heavens name do you think will be the result of putting your head in the sand?

Will the problem go away, if we pretend it doesn't exist?  Do you actually agree with the State Department and Obama that all these poor people need is a good jobs fair?

Get real, Dex.  This IS the rise of a Caliphate, and they aren't going to stop just because you pretend they're no big deal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 08:46:48 pm »
How is ISIS going to defeat the U.S military and overpower the 75 million gun owners in the United States?

Ask Obama, who is starting to unilaterally disarm Americans by making bullets illegal.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 08:47:23 pm »

I repeat............... WHAT "efforts??"

Offline Dexter

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 08:51:37 pm »
Our military was THERE, killing THEM by the thousands.  Al-Qaeda would NOT have flourished if a strong Republican, or even a patriotic Democrat (there used to be such a thing..... before you were born), were in the White House.

We killed all those people and yet it did nothing to slow them down. We weren't moments away from the death blow before Obama took over and ruined everything. We were never going to defeat extremism with all of our military might.

I have to ask this question, though........... what, in heavens name do you think will be the result of putting your head in the sand?

Will the problem go away, if we pretend it doesn't exist?  Do you actually agree with the State Department and Obama that all these poor people need is a good jobs fair?

Get real, Dex.  This IS the rise of a Caliphate, and they aren't going to stop just because you pretend they're no big deal.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix the problem, but one thing I do know for sure is that it won't happen through us dropping bombs and shooting people. A cultural change cannot be forced; it has to happen from within. I also don't think ending all military operations in the Middle East will increase our chances of being attacked in the United States.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 08:52:58 pm »
I repeat............... WHAT "efforts??"

Our combined efforts since 2001 and even before that. Your belief that Obama somehow magically erased all of the made up progress Bush had accomplished over there is not consistent with reality. Withdrawing our troops did not create ISIS; these people were there already. We cannot permanently occupy the Middle East. We don't have the money nor is it worth the lives we would lose.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:53:59 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 08:55:30 pm »
I'm not getting into another 20 page debate over this. You know how I feel about it and I know how you feel about it. It's enough for me to know that history will show that I was right.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 08:59:41 pm »
We killed all those people and yet it did nothing to slow them down. We weren't moments away from the death blow before Obama took over and ruined everything. We were never going to defeat extremism with all of our military might.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix the problem, but one thing I do know for sure is that it won't happen through us dropping bombs and shooting people. A cultural change cannot be forced; it has to happen from within. I also don't think ending all military operations in the Middle East will increase our chances of being attacked in the United States.

So, you DO agree with Ms Harf that we can't win the war on terror by killing people, and that Americans are too dumb to understand that, since we can't kill every terrorist, we shouldn't even try.  Oy. 

Also, I think you should refresh your memory on how much terrorism has grown in the last 6 years.  Radical Islam is emboldened by weakness.  Bush didn't do everything right, but he KNEW we were at war, and he KNEW who the enemy was.  And they knew who the American military was under his leadership as well.

Obama is weak, and he has made them stronger, bolder, and more evil.

Refresh your memory on what the world was like in 2009 when Obama took office, compared to the horror going on now.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2015, 09:00:31 pm »
I'm not getting into another 20 page debate over this. You know how I feel about it and I know how you feel about it. It's enough for me to know that history will show that I was right.

Right.

Just like history showed that Neville Chamberlain was right and Winston Churchill was wrong.   :seeya:

rangerrebew

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2015, 09:01:00 pm »
Pentagon scrubs or Obama scrubs?  I'll bet its the latter.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 09:13:05 pm »
Just to give a little perspective.

There were more American casualties on 9/11 than on the attack on Pearl Harbor.

That so many today think that responding to the threat of global Islamic terrorism in the same manner that we responded to the attack on Pearl Harbor is unwarranted and futile says a lot about who we have become as a people.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2015, 09:14:30 pm »
Pentagon scrubs or Obama scrubs?  I'll bet its the latter.

Exactly. The headline is misleading.

Furthermore, there is nothing new here. Obama has been telling ISIS and all of us for years that he will not attack ISIS or even give support to those who are actively engaging them.

I am trying to understand the 'news' in this or why it was even published. We already knew this? Is this some kind of double duty reassurance to ISIS to help their moral? It seems like it.

I would love it if Obama would be half as clear that he will never attack America and Israel, as he is at consistently reassuring ISIS that he will never attack them.

We have never been given that assurance, at all. In fact, it has been quite the opposite. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:22:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 09:29:08 pm »
That so many today think that responding to the threat of global Islamic terrorism in the same manner that we responded to the attack on Pearl Harbor is unwarranted and futile says a lot about who we have become as a people.

Don't you think ISIS with it's roving bands of murderers and destroying the arts and culture of victims is slightly reminiscent of Krystalnacht?  There was a whole muslim division which fought for Hitler and the muslim brotherhood got it's start as a result.  In other words, is history repeating itself?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 09:32:11 pm »

Hmmm...

There are ten extremists.

We kill three.

Five join their ranks.

Now there are 12 extremists.

However, had we not killed those three, there would now be 15 extremists instead on 12.

If you think that killing them is not the solution our problem, and THEY think that killing us is the solution to theirs, what you're basically saying is that we should simply committ suicide and save ourselves the money we'd spend fighting them.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 09:44:10 pm »
Don't you think ISIS with it's roving bands of murderers and destroying the arts and culture of victims is slightly reminiscent of Krystalnacht?  There was a whole muslim division which fought for Hitler and the muslim brotherhood got it's start as a result.  In other words, is history repeating itself?

I'm afraid it is, ranger.  There are so many parallels between ISIS and the Third Reich it's unnerving.

What's going on now is like Kristallnacht on steroids.

And in spite of the genocide we are witnessing, Obama, like FDR in the 30's, says its none of our business.

Only the significant difference is that we have already had our "Pearl Harbor" and many on the left STILL don't understand that we are at war against evil.