Author Topic: Politico...Uncompromising Reid still in command  (Read 3281 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Politico...Uncompromising Reid still in command
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 05:23:24 pm »
IMHO, any forum member who has reached the point where they are publicly stating that they may vote Democrat, is no different than Bowe Bergdahl.

...and deserves as much respect.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 05:27:23 pm »
Come on..let's all not get mad at each other over all this...we are all upset by what has been happening in DC and at a loss of what to do....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 05:32:48 pm »
Come on..let's all not get mad at each other over all this...we are all upset by what has been happening in DC and at a loss of what to do....

I'm not mad.   Not, in an angry sense, anyways.

A person can express frustration and being upset without outwardly fighting for the other side.   That's MY red line.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 06:45:30 pm »
IMHO, any forum member who has reached the point where they are publicly stating that they may vote Democrat, is no different than Bowe Bergdahl.

Your opinion should be humble, because it has no value.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 06:58:23 pm »

If KY would have voted DEM we would not have that weasel, spineless, gutless scumbag McConnell as the Senate leader who CAVES on everything. If KY would have put the DEM in McConnell would be gone and she would have been a ONE termer in KY. He effects the country. She effects only KY for ONE term. Rand Paul supported McConnell and will pay the price. Remember the LIBS and DEMS can be beat BUT the real enemy are the RINOS in every facet of Gov't. NOT at all advocating voting for the LIBS but sometimes you have to pick the FIGHT. Voting DEM in KY was the fight that the RINOGOP won and the country LOST.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2015, 07:27:38 pm »
If KY would have voted DEM we would not have that weasel, spineless, gutless scumbag McConnell as the Senate leader who CAVES on everything. If KY would have put the DEM in McConnell would be gone and she would have been a ONE termer in KY. He effects the country. She effects only KY for ONE term. Rand Paul supported McConnell and will pay the price. Remember the LIBS and DEMS can be beat BUT the real enemy are the RINOS in every facet of Gov't. NOT at all advocating voting for the LIBS but sometimes you have to pick the FIGHT. Voting DEM in KY was the fight that the RINOGOP won and the country LOST.

Interesting perspective. Thank you for that. Certainly worth thinking about.

TBR is a much better environment than free Republic. Here we have the time to develop deeper conversations. I enjoy seeing new ideas and well crafted arguments challenging them. What I don't like are personal attacks. I don't think there's a need for them. We are all simply giving our personal opinions made anonymously behind screen names. If we can avoid the pitfall of taking comments personally I think it will help foster an openness to explore the merits of different points of view.

Thank you. And now I return you to your regularly scheduled arguments.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »
Rand Paul supported McConnell and will pay the price. Remember the LIBS and DEMS can be beat BUT the real enemy are the RINOS in every facet of Gov't.

No, the real enemy is much higher up the food-chain than that.

The Dems and RINOs merely do their bidding in exchange for a bit of their wealth and power...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 02:52:00 am »
GourmetDan posted (as usual):
[[ The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party. ]]

I've posted this to a couple of other threads, and I'm gonna "do a gourmet" by postin' it again:

The 2014 elections produced a historical first:
The first "Lame Duck Majority Congress" in American history.

Clueless, powerless, befuddled and hopeless before the obama steamroller.

And amazingly, the more his dictatorial grasp grows, the more quickly their ability to influence events shrinks!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 03:05:45 am »
Relic wrote above:
[[ The American public is disengaged. They only care about a few things. Give the D's control, let them burn it to the ground, and the public will be forced to take notice, and question the media. If the public doesn't become engaged after the meltdown, there was no hope anyway. ]]

Say.... didn't some ol' gal named Rand write a book about that?

I am quite embarrassed to admit that as a young man I -did- actually vote for democrats, but like David Horowitz, I had "second thoughts" as I matured.

I will never vote for a 'rat again, ever.

BUT -- I've reached the point where I'm no longer going to automatically support Republican RINO losers.

I tend to agree with your proposition above that the only way an effective opposition to the 'rat party will ever again be built is by watching the Republican party fade into nothingness a la the Cheshire Cat, which it seems to be doing smashingly right now.

It may take a literal "reign of terror" by the democrats for a decade, but at some point there may still be enough "traditional American white folk" left to band together to form an entirely NEW party that will at least try to fight.

There sure as heck ain't no "fightin'" goin' on in Congress right now!
It's a one-sided pushover!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2015, 03:11:51 am »
The 2014 elections produced a historical first:
The first "Lame Duck Majority Congress" in American history.

You certainly have my permission to post that line as many times as you see fit.

I think it is a very apt description...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan