Author Topic: Fire Boehner? Mia Love Says Maybe McConnell Needs the Boot  (Read 534 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fire Boehner? Mia Love Says Maybe McConnell Needs the Boot
« on: February 27, 2015, 02:51:51 am »
http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/fire-boehner-mia-love-says-maybe-mcconnell-needs-the-boot/?dcz=

Fire Boehner? Mia Love Says Maybe McConnell Needs the Boot

By David Eldridge   Posted at 4:04 p.m. on Feb. 26

Love poses for a photo Thursday with a CPAC attendee following her appearance on stage. (Bill Clark/CQ Roll Call)

Amid new speculation that John A. Boehner’s speakership somehow hangs in the balance as Republicans struggle with the Department of Homeland Security funding standoff, freshman Rep. Mia Love said maybe it’s Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell who should be worried.

In an interview with a Philadelphia radio station at the Conservative Political Action Conference Thursday, the Utah Republican said she’s “standing strong” in the House-led effort to defund the president’s executive actions on immigration.

“I was so incredibly proud in January when we passed the Homeland Security funding bill and defunded the executive act by the president,” she told Talk Radio 1210 WPHT host Dom Giordano.

“I was so excited that we were able to say, ‘We are going to defund this president’s unconstitutional policy that he is pushing through.’ I am telling you that I am standing strong. I would like to just say that we have a leader in the Senate that is supposed to do his job and get the six votes that he needs in order to get this bill passed and if he can’t do it, we need to get somebody else to do it.”

Love, a former mayor of Saratoga Springs, is the first black Republican woman in Congress.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Fire Boehner? Mia Love Says Maybe McConnell Needs the Boot
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 03:13:40 am »
“I was so excited that we were able to say, ‘We are going to defund this president’s unconstitutional policy that he is pushing through.’ I am telling you that I am standing strong. I would like to just say that we have a leader in the Senate that is supposed to do his job and get the six votes that he needs in order to get this bill passed and if he can’t do it, we need to get somebody else to do it.”

I agree with Mia.  Is there any way to replace Mitch McConnell at this point?  She is right - it takes LEADERSHIP to be able to get bills passed and he has failed miserably time after time.  Is there any mechanism to oust a piss-poor leader?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:49:06 am »
Without 2/3 votes to override vetoes, it does no good to waste energy running down Republicans.

But it seems to be a way of venting frustration, since they seem incapable of wheeling and dealing, as in dayes of olde.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 03:32:20 pm »
Don't trust Mia Love. She is not the person she wants you to think she is and Boehner owns her vote. She is his biggest fan. Like it or NOT??? :nono: