Author Topic: Obama to ban bullets by executive action, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle  (Read 3553 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2560750

Obama to ban bullets by executive action, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle
By Paul Bedard | February 26, 2015 | 11:41 am

It’s started.

As promised, President Obama is using executive actions to impose gun control on the nation, targeting the top-selling rifle in the country, the AR-15 style semi-automatic, with a ban on one of the most-used AR bullets by sportsmen and target shooters.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is putting the ban on 5.56mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela’s, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president.

Wednesday night, Rep. Bob Goodlatte, the Republican chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, stepped in with a critical letter to BATFE demanding it explain the surprise and abrupt bullet ban. The letter is shown below.

The National Rifle Association, which is working with Goodlatte to gather co-signers, told Secrets that 30 House members have already co-signed the letter and Goodlatte and the NRA are hoping to get a total of 100 fast.

"The Obama administration was unable to ban America's most popular sporting rifle through the legislative process, so now it's trying to ban commonly owned and used ammunition through regulation," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA-ILA, the group's policy and lobby shop. "The NRA and our tens of millions of supporters across the country will fight to stop President Obama's latest attack on our Second Amendment freedoms."

At issue is so-called “armor-piercing” ammunition, an exemption for those bullets mostly used for sport by AR-15 owners, and the recent popularity of pistol-style ARs that use the ammo.

The inexpensive 5.56 M885 ammo, commonly called green tips, have been exempt for years, as have higher caliber ammunition that also easily pierces the type of soft armor worn by police, because it’s mostly used by target shooters not criminals.

But now BATFE says that since the bullets can be used in semi-automatic handguns they pose a threat to police and must be banned from production, sale and use. But, as Goodlatte noted, offered no proof. Federal agencies will still be allowed to buy the ammo.

“This round is amongst the most commonly used in the most popular rifle design in America, the AR-15. Millions upon millions of M855 rounds have been sold and used in the U.S., yet ATF has not even alleged – much less offered evidence – that even one such round has ever been fired from a handgun at a police officer,” said Goodlatte’s letter.

Even some police don’t buy the administration’s claim. “Criminals aren't going to go out and buy a $1,000 AR pistol,” Brent Ball, owner of 417 Guns in Springfield, Mo. and a 17-year veteran police told the Springfield News-Leader. “As a police officer I'm not worried about AR pistols because you can see them. It's the small gun in a guy's hand you can't see that kills you.”

Many see the bullet ban as an assault on the AR-15 and Obama’s backdoor bid to end production and sale.

“We are concerned,” said Justin Anderson with Hyatt Gun Shop in Charlotte, N.C., one of the nation’s top sellers of AR-15 style rifles. “Frankly, we're always concerned when the government uses back door methods to impose quasi gun control.”

Groups like the National Shooting Sports Foundation suggest that under BATFE’s new rule, other calibers like popular deer hunting .308 bullets could be banned because they also are used in AR-15s, some of which can be turned into pistol-style guns. “This will have a detrimental effect on hunting nationwide,” said the group.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Nobody can stop him. Obama is about to spend two years doing whatever the hell he wants and daring Congress or the courts to stop him.

From banning ammunition, to taking control of the internet, to legalizing 5 million (soon to be 11 million), to forcing Churches to pay for morally objectionable activities.

Strap on your seat belts.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

Nobody can stop him. Obama is about to spend two years doing whatever the hell he wants and daring Congress or the courts to stop him.

From banning ammunition, to taking control of the internet, to legalizing 5 million (soon to be 11 million), to forcing Churches to pay for morally objectionable activities.

yep strap on your seat belts.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

He can be stopped! If only we had represenatives with the  GUTS to do it!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:37:35 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He can be stopped! But it will take people with the  GUTS to do it!

Well there are only one or two that would even try....the rest are eunuchs
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Sadly true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

But, whatever you do, keep voting R.

I'm told it's important, but I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Offline flowers

It is a mute point now isn't it? Nobody in power wants to stop him. He will get his 11+mil new permanent voter base by 2016.

Offline NavyCanDo

Expect a run on 5.56 soon. We still have not recovered from the 22LR dissapearence from the store shelves.

I have six 30-round Magpul Magazines. I better make sure they are all full, because it could be a while before we see them again.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
He can be stopped! If only we had represenatives with the  GUTS to do it!

What could representatives with guts do to stop him?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline flowers

Re: Obama to ban bullets by executive action, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 07:21:01 pm »
What could representatives with guts do to stop him?
Nothing

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 07:24:59 pm »

"Trying" isn't stopping.

It's theater.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 07:26:08 pm »

When was the last time that you saw anyone with an "R" behaving the way this a$$hole's behaving?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Relic

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 07:32:44 pm »
When was the last time that you saw anyone with an "R" behaving the way this a$$hole's behaving?

When was the last time you saw an R do something useful?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 07:44:46 pm »

Many times.

They've stopped any new funding for Obamacare.

They've prohibited the transfer or release of detainees held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba into the United States, meaning no civilian trials.

They've blocked funding of the risk corridors that, under the Affordable Care Act, could lead to a government bailout of the insurance companies.

They maintained all the existing pro-life policy and funding provisions and added three more while cutting the funds for the Independent Payment Advisory Board (which is the body that would be recommending any rationing of health care) by $10 million.

They've cut funding for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency by $60 million, making this the fifth consecutive year the agency’s budget has been cut.

They cut Federal allocations to the IRS by $345.6 million, prohibiting it from targeting organizations because of the way they chose to exercise their First Amendment rights or on an ideological basis.

That's part of what they've done just since taking office this year.

I answered your question, now answer mine.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:45:16 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 07:44:55 pm »

:thumbsup:

When is the last time Republicans reduced spending or the size of our government?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 07:47:52 pm »

The liberals are fighting to win, the rest of are just watching.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:26 pm »
No pun intended. I am in shell shock today.

And I just can't take it anymore.

Every day I come in here and the news is always the same: depressing.

Executive amnesty; more regulations from the FCC; threats to second amendment; ISIS brutality; school lunch horror stories; abortion; home-grown terrorists; weakling Republican Congress. I could go on.

If we don't get some positive stories in here soon, I am this close to dropping out from news.

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 07:52:01 pm »
Expect a run on 5.56 soon. We still have not recovered from the 22LR dissapearence from the store shelves.

I have six 30-round Magpul Magazines. I better make sure they are all full, because it could be a while before we see them again.

We still have lots of 5.56 and .223 on the shelves here. Magpuls are also everywhere - more expensive than other 30 rd. mags but my favorite. I'm planning on stocking up this weekend.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 08:00:46 pm »
No pun intended. I am in shell shock today.

And I just can't take it anymore.

Every day I come in here and the news is always the same: depressing.

Executive amnesty; more regulations from the FCC; threats to second amendment; ISIS brutality; school lunch horror stories; abortion; home-grown terrorists; weakling Republican Congress. I could go on.

If we don't get some positive stories in here soon, I am this close to dropping out from news.

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Was that you who just called Rush..he just said the same thing...*I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!*
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 08:06:05 pm »
Wasn't me, myst. But, no doubt there are millions of us with knots in our stomachs today.

The news is simply awful today. I mean, Loretta Lynch, AG? Really?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:09:09 pm by aligncare »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 08:10:38 pm »
Wasn't me, myst. But, no doubt there are millions of us with knots in our stomachs today.

The news is simply awful today. I mean, Loretta Lynch, AG? Really?

It has been a bad day...I am sooooo depressed...I just don't see any purpose of winning both Houses.. 8888crybaby
Support the USO

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 08:18:22 pm »
It has been a bad day...I am sooooo depressed...I just don't see any purpose of winning both Houses.. 8888crybaby

We have a rogue President in the House.

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." John Adams

The man Adams feared is in the White House.

A petty, vengeful, narcissistic, America-hating, amoral ideologue.

Our government was not constructed or structured for the likes of Barack Obama. 

The only thing that can be done is to remove him.

Being the Muslim that he is, he would welcome the same fate suicide bombers embrace, and for the same reasons.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:20:35 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 08:20:17 pm »

I think I have enough .22LR, but who knows?  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 08:20:30 pm »
You are not alone.  8888crybaby Every week will be worse and worse. You know they have a huge list of things to take away in valjars office. It always has creeped  me out that any photo of him in the oval his desk is always empty.

They have a list and cross out each thing daily. I fear the next months. It is way beyond time for tar and feathers. Yet I also fear this country will go out with a whimper.