Author Topic: Who Loves America?....Charles M. Blow  (Read 613 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who Loves America?....Charles M. Blow
« on: February 23, 2015, 02:31:09 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/23/opinion/charles-blow-who-loves-america.html?_r=0

Who Loves America?

FEB. 23, 2015

Charles M. Blow

We have arrived at the point where the utter tedium and desperation of personal attacks against the president about his life story and his loyalty are no longer news. The histrionics have shed their ability to shock. Most right-minded Americans — ethically speaking, not ideologically speaking — have moved on.

But occasionally the insults prove to be accidentally instructive.

Take for instance what Rudy Giuliani (“America’s mayor”) said about the president last week at a dinner for Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin (a contender for America’s president). At the dinner — attended, according to Politico, by “about 60 right-leaning business executives and conservative media types” — Giuliani said, “I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America.” He continued, “He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34