Author Topic: Sen. Chuck Grassley: FBI Could Leak Clinton Email Investigation  (Read 1808 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=725396

Newsmax
Sen. Chuck Grassley: FBI Could Leak Clinton Email Investigation
Saturday, April 23, 2016 12:22 PM

By: Cathy Burke

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley is reportedly suggesting the FBI could leak reports of its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email system if agency officials believed prosecution was being stymied by politics.

In a speech Friday at a Des Moines Rotary club, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee made the provocative remark in response to a question about the status on inquiries into the email server that Clinton used as secretary of state, and her handling of the 2012 terrorist attack on a diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, the Des Moines Register reports.

"Is there going to be political interference? If there's enough evidence to prosecute, will there be political interference?" Grassley said. "And if there's political interference, then I assume that somebody in the FBI is going to leak these reports and it's either going to have an effect politically or it's going to lead to prosecution if there's enough evidence."

But when asked a follow-up question if he was suggesting the FBI should leak its finding, Grassley explained: "I wouldn't be encouraging it because if it's a violation of law, I can't be encouraging a violation of law."

"This is kind of my own opinion, this is something I've heard," he said.

FBI Director James Comey has vigorously denied any political pressure in the probe.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Sen. Chuck Grassley: FBI Could Leak Clinton Email Investigation
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 02:38:47 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Chuck-Grassley-Hillary-Email-Investigation/2016/04/23/id/725396/

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley is reportedly suggesting the FBI could leak reports of its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email system if agency officials believed prosecution was being stymied by politics.

In a speech Friday at a Des Moines Rotary club, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee made the provocative remark in response to a question about the status on inquiries into the email server that Clinton used as secretary of state, and her handling of the 2012 terrorist attack on a diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, the Des Moines Register reports.

"Is there going to be political interference? If there's enough evidence to prosecute, will there be political interference?" Grassley said. "And if there's political interference, then I assume that somebody in the FBI is going to leak these reports and it's either going to have an effect politically or it's going to lead to prosecution if there's enough evidence."

But when asked a follow-up question if he was suggesting the FBI should leak its finding, Grassley explained: "I wouldn't be encouraging it because if it's a violation of law, I can't be encouraging a violation of law."

"This is kind of my own opinion, this is something I've heard," he said.

FBI Director James Comey has vigorously denied any political pressure in the probe.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 02:55:14 am »
Grassley better be wearing a bullet-proof vest and stay away from Ft. Marcy Park.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 03:04:20 am »
Grassley better be wearing a bullet-proof vest and stay away from Ft. Marcy Park.

Grassley is one of those guys that'd go out that way to stand up for what is right. Barb his wife wouldn't take it so well though.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:58:14 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline kik5150

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 06:45:01 am »
I've been following this case very closely. Knowing just what is publicly available I can't see how Hillary can survive this one. What will be really interesting is to see what is in the emails that she deleted, if the FBI can indeed recover them. It can only be one thing- Clinton foundation influence peddling.
"Trump is no conservative. He's a self-dealing charlatan and he's got a lot of fall-for anything chump types fooled."
-Jim "Chump" Robinson

Offline WAC

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 09:23:30 am »
It's my understanding that there's 'more interest' regarding the Clinton Foundation by the powers that be, especially regarding revenue

transfers which involve foreign entities and Gov. Leaders............ No telling who, how much, and for what purposes that's revealing to the

FBI... Which if that's the case now we're talking a whole nother bag of worms .....makes it International Criminal Activity.   CAn you imagine how long this thing will get delayed if that's so???? 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 07:53:42 pm »
I've been following this case very closely. Knowing just what is publicly available I can't see how Hillary can survive this one. What will be really interesting is to see what is in the emails that she deleted, if the FBI can indeed recover them. It can only be one thing- Clinton foundation influence peddling.

I truly wish you were right but greatly fear you are not.  We are now a banana republic where the law is to be used to persecute enemies of the state.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kik5150

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 01:52:47 am »
I'm no IT expert, but I find it amazing how Hillary came so close to erasing the deleted emails, if not for a "misunderstanding" between Platte River and Datto. Platte River pays Datto for a node on her server to take snapshots which were supposed to be stored locally. Platte River doesn't want cloud based back-up and doesn't set one up. Datto sets up the node to send the back ups to a non existent  Platte River cloud, which by default sends them to Datto cloud servers!
"Trump is no conservative. He's a self-dealing charlatan and he's got a lot of fall-for anything chump types fooled."
-Jim "Chump" Robinson

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 02:08:39 am »
If Judge Napolitano is correct and there is ample evidence to indict and convict her, the FBI just might leak it. Waiting and hoping. It is hard to believe that such a corrupt creature is close to being nominated for POTUS. **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 07:16:46 pm »
If Judge Napolitano is correct and there is ample evidence to indict and convict her, the FBI just might leak it. Waiting and hoping. It is hard to believe that such a corrupt creature is close to being nominated for POTUS. **nononono*

He's reminding me of Dick Morris lately.  He's saying things to get ratings, but I'm afraid it may not turn out this way in reality.  Maybe if the rats see she isn't going to win they wait until Bernie is done then they anoint Joe as the nominee.  Otherwise why are they letting her go this long? 

Possibly the FBI wants to drag this out to make the Dems nominate Hillary and then they indict her.  She would probably still try to run as that's her only way out of prison.