Author Topic: Two House bills would end federal prohibition of marijuana  (Read 6428 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Two House bills would end federal prohibition of marijuana
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2015, 03:43:08 am »
Exactly.  The snag is, who gets to define acceptable/unacceptable behavior and what the punishments will be and should those that are the deciders be able to abuse the federal system (all of it) to be their enforcers?

The laws about doing things "impaired" are determined by blood tests, can you do the same thing with pot?  I ask because I do not know....

There can be no consequences if there is no right or wrong.  We just need to figure out where the line is.

Just because something is not illegal, does not make it right.  Back in the60's and 70's Carl Ichann, a corporate raider, bought controlling interest in companies, split them up and sold off the pieces then stuck the pension fund in his pocket and shut the remainder down.  Left millions without any retirement BUT it was not against the law, but does that make it right?

"Behavior"?

Shouldn't the word be "consequences"?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Two House bills would end federal prohibition of marijuana
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2015, 05:42:44 am »
"Behavior"?

Shouldn't the word be "consequences"?

Yes.  Actions have consequences.  It's something they don't teach much anymore. 

Deal with the consequences when someone's action causes harm.  Teach that, and teach good behavior so that people know HOW to act as a mature and responsible adult.  If you don't act responsibly, you will suffer consequences. 

I assume most of us here want a smaller government footprint, and a fiscally responsible government that isn't into every facet of our lives.  I do not like government programs that exist to save me from myself - or to inflict restrictions on me because of something somebody else did. 

Train children and adults to be responsible for their behavior and to think of the possible consequences of their possible actions - before they make a big mistake.  Our popular culture and even our government often promotes bad behavior with little or no consequences (sometimes even rewards!).

On the scientific side, am I wrong in thinking that pot is a fat soluble substance that resides in the fatty organs, whereas alcohol is water based and pees out?  Pot shows up longer in a blood test than alcohol does because it takes longer to metabolize the fat.  It doesn't necessarily mean that you are impaired, but you could be. 

People that want smaller government need to think about less regulations and laws.  Period.  Make sure that actions have consequences and let everybody else live their life. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!