Author Topic: Gun Control Democrat Wants Machete Control  (Read 382 times)

rangerrebew

Gun Control Democrat Wants Machete Control
« on: February 20, 2015, 02:44:46 pm »
Gun Control Democrat Wants Machete Control

By Brian Anderson, February 20, 2015.

Besides the Constitutional issues with gun control the biggest problem is; where does it end? How much “commonsense” weapon banning is enough before liberals feel safe? To answer that question New York State Senator Tony Avella (democrat of course) wants to ban the sale and possession of machetes. The supporter of NY’s SAFE Act gun control measure is now moving into bladed weapon control.

The NY Daily News reports that Avella plans to introduce a bill that would ban machetes statewide. Under this POS legislation, anyone possessing a machete would face up to a year in prison.

“The fact that anyone can easily purchase this potentially lethal tool is just crazy,” said Avella.

Under current NY state law:

Smaller knives such as switchblades and gravity knives are already banned and listed as deadly weapons under state law, but machetes are considered the same as butcher knives.

New Yorkers carrying those knives can be ticketed for a blade longer than 4 inches, an administrative code violation. They face up to 15 days in jail and a $300 fine.

Avella’s bill is a typical democratic knee-jerk reaction. A 17-year old was hacked to death in Long Island last year by what police describe as a “massive blade.” Was it a machete? Does it really matter to a democrat that cares nothing for the peoples’ Constitutional rights?

And that actually brings up another problem: how do you define a machete? Is it a big knife or a small sword? What are the deadly features of a scary assault blade? I suspect Avella’s bill would end up banning kitchen knives.

Again, where does it stop? If this garbage legislation passes it won’t have any effect on crime and won’t make anyone safer. Then the democrats will have to ban baseball bats because banning guns and knives didn’t do anything. When the baseball bat ban fails to reduce crime they’ll have to get rid of 2x4s and bricks. Eventually, the liberals will have to pass a law banning hands and feet because those are deadly weapons too.

Seriously, one person was killed by a machete, maybe. This is hardly an epidemic of violence. Even if hundreds of people died machete deaths every year, it is only a tool. It’s the psychopath wielding the tool that is the problem, not the inanimate object. If someone is intent on killing or maiming, there’s about 50 things in an average garage that’ll do the trick.

I know they don’t have any respect for this in NY, but the 2nd Amendment guarantees our right to keep and bear arms. Arms aren’t just guns; they’re also knives, swords, crossbows, axes, and yes, even machetes.

As a Californian, New York is one of the few places that makes me feel like things could be worse. Currently, I can go down to the Home Depot and buy as many machetes as I like, but I’m sure my state’s democrats are looking to fix that.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/gun-control-democrat-wants-machete-control
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:45:21 pm by rangerrebew »