Author Topic: White House: 'Fleeting' presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani tried a similar line in 2007  (Read 288 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2560435?utm_content=buffer17221&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

White House: 'Fleeting' presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani tried a similar line in 2007
BY BRIAN HUGHES | FEBRUARY 19, 2015 | 3:11 PM

The White House Thursday jabbed former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, a day after the Republican questioned President Obama’s love for America.

“I’m not going to pile on from here,” White House spokesman Eric Schultz told reporters on Air Force One, as Obama traveled to Chicago for an event on a trio of new national monuments.

However, the Obama spokesman noted that Giuliani test drove a similar line during his “fleeting 2007 run for the presidency.”

Giuliani made the controversial remark during a fundraiser for Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker in Manhattan on Wednesday.

"I do not believe that the president loves America,” the former New York City mayor reportedly said. “He doesn't love you and he doesn't love me. He wasn't brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through the love of this country."

Earlier Thursday, Giuliani attempted to clarify his remarks.

“What I am saying, is in his rhetoric, I very rarely hear him say the things I used to hear Ronald Reagan say, the things I used to hear Bill Clinton say about how much he loves America,” Giuliani told Fox News. “I do hear him criticize America much more often than other American presidents. And when it’s not in the context of an overwhelming number of statements about the exceptionalism of America, it sounds like he is more of a critic than he is a supporter.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34