Author Topic: Nestle to drop artificial flavor and color from chocolate bars  (Read 342 times)

Offline flowers

Nestle to drop artificial flavor and color from chocolate bars
« on: February 19, 2015, 05:05:32 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/02/19/nestle-to-drop-artificial-flavor-and-color-from-chocolate-bars/?intcmp=features

America’s favorite chocolate like Butterfingers, Crunch and Baby Ruth bars, are getting a makeover.

Nestle USA announced this week that it will remove artificial flavors and FDA-certified colors from all of its chocolate candy.

The company aims to become the first U.S. candymaker to remove such ingredients from its chocolate products and says by the end of the year, more than 250 products and 10 brands will be reformulated with ingredients from natural sources.

For example, in Crunch bars, a natural vanilla flavor will replace artificial vanilla used now. The center of the Butterfinger bars will now have annatto, which comes from the seeds found in fruit from the achiote tree, to replace FDA-certified colors like Red 40 and Yellow 5. In Crunch bars, natural vanilla flavor will replace artificial vanillin.

Doreen Ida, president of Nestle USA Confections & Snacks said in a statement

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Nestle to drop artificial flavor and color from chocolate bars
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 05:16:44 pm »
"For example, in Crunch bars, a natural vanilla flavor will replace artificial vanilla used now."

That sounds all well and good.  But I found out recently that the "natural vanilla flavor" that I look for when buying - is NOT vanilla from vanilla beans!  That is called "vanilla".  When you see "natural vanilla flavor" - it is actually something they squeeze from a beaver's anal glands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, let that settle in.  Anal glands!

But hey, it is natural.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Re: Nestle to drop artificial flavor and color from chocolate bars
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 05:29:34 pm »
"For example, in Crunch bars, a natural vanilla flavor will replace artificial vanilla used now."

That sounds all well and good.  But I found out recently that the "natural vanilla flavor" that I look for when buying - is NOT vanilla from vanilla beans!  That is called "vanilla".  When you see "natural vanilla flavor" - it is actually something they squeeze from a beaver's anal glands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, let that settle in.  Anal glands!

But hey, it is natural.

Welp.  That's the end of Nestlé's Crunches for me!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.