Author Topic: Charles Barkley: I Wish Obama Was More Like the King of Jordan  (Read 364 times)

rangerrebew

Charles Barkley: I Wish Obama Was More Like the King of Jordan
« on: February 18, 2015, 09:07:22 pm »

Charles Barkley: I Wish Obama Was More Like the King of Jordan

By Rusty Weiss |  407 views

charles barkley

NBA Hall of Famer and current basketball analyst Charles Barkley, proclaimed in a Sports Illustrated interview that he was seriously considering voting Republican in 2016, laughed when asked his opinion of Hillary Clinton, and said he likes guys like Chris Christie and Jeb Bush.

Barkley also answered a question about which person he’d most like to meet, choosing King Abdullah of Jordan for his recent actions of vengeance towards Islamic State terrorists.

Barkley referred to Abdullah as “heroic” and said he wished “President Obama was like that sometimes.”

Via SI.com:

How comfortable are you talking about the 2016 presidential race?

I am paying close attention to the political situation. I have always voted Democratic. But I like some of the Republicans this time around. I like Chris Christie. I like Jeb Bush. I like those guys.

What about Hillary Clinton?

Well, I just told you I was thinking about voting Republican (laughs).

What about someone alive today?

Somebody I would like to meet today? King Abdullah (II) from Jordan.

That’s interesting and unexpected.

Well, that’s only in the last week. Because I think his actions when they (ISIS) burned that kid [a Jordanian military pilot] alive, I thought his actions were heroic. He was like, “No, you cannot do that to my people.” I wish President Obama was like that sometimes. I do. I think that is the way we have to treat ISIS. We can’t keep thinking it will go away. I thought it was heroic what Abdullah did.

Not only have Abdullah’s actions been heroic in the past week, but reports started surfacing in February that the Jordanian king was personally flying missions to destroy Islamic State targets.

Are you surprised by some of Barkley’s answers in this interview?  How long will it take the left to portray him as an Uncle Tom based on his opinions? Share your thoughts below.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/charles-barkley-wish-obama-like-king-jordan/#ixzz3S8JAU1ST

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Charles Barkley: I Wish Obama Was More Like the King of Jordan
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 09:09:48 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx