Author Topic: Top Obama adviser reveals what happens when the president loses his temper (David Axelrod)  (Read 761 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Colin Campbell
Business Insider
February 17, 2015

President Barack Obama stunned David Axelrod, one of Obama's top campaign advisers, during the 2012 election when the president allegedly cussed at him and walked out of their debate-prep session. Axelrod told the story in his new book, "Believer: My Forty Years in Politics."

Axelrod wrote that he attempted to offer some constructive criticism before Obama's first debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney, but Obama wouldn't have it.
More

Axelrod Reveals a Prickly, Emotional Obama: David Axelrod, the president's former chief strategist, offers details about the commander in chief.

Offline GourmetDan

President Barack Obama stunned David Axelrod, one of Obama's top campaign advisers, during the 2012 election when the president allegedly cussed at him and walked out of their debate-prep session. Axelrod told the story in his new book, "Believer: My Forty Years in Politics."

And if Axelrod had any principles beyond his responsibilities as a handler, he would have walked out and never looked back...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Colin Campbell
Business Insider
February 17, 2015
More

Axelrod Reveals a Prickly, Emotional Obama: David Axelrod, the president's former chief strategist, offers details about the commander in chief.

Wasn't this during the time they were trying to coach Obama at some resort - and Obama pouted because he really just wanted to get to golf, and coke, and some dirty stuff?  I remember it well, as well as Little Poopy's horrible performance at that debate.

:Odance: :baby:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Wasn't this during the time they were trying to coach Obama at some resort - and Obama pouted because he really just wanted to get to golf, and coke, and some dirty stuff?  I remember it well, as well as Little Poopy's horrible performance at that debate.

:Odance: :baby:

From the second link:

Obama can have a short fuse, though he hides it from the public: The president called Axelrod a "mother-----r" and stalked out of a meeting after his strategist criticized the president's debating techniques as Obama prepared for his 2012 debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney, the book says. "Axe" turned out to be right: Obama did poorly in the encounter with Romney. Obama recovered with a solid performance the next time.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
From the second link:

Quote:
"Obama can have a short fuse, though he hides it from the public: The president called Axelrod a "mother-----r" and stalked out of a meeting after his strategist criticized the president's debating techniques as Obama prepared for his 2012 debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney, the book says. "Axe" turned out to be right: Obama did poorly in the encounter with Romney. Obama recovered with a solid performance the next time."

Yeah.  I remember that.  I think they had to keep him prisoner before the second debate - to keep him sober and straight.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!