Author Topic: Anyone Remember When Communists Were the "Bad Guys"?  (Read 744 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Anyone Remember When Communists Were the "Bad Guys"?
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:07:27 pm »
Anyone Remember When Communists Were the "Bad Guys"?

Wow… It’s been 56 years since Fidel Castro was sworn in as the Prime Minister of Cuba. Not unlike Obama Administration officials, the Eisenhower Administration originally felt that an olive branch and a hug might help the Soviet wannabes on the island-nation work with us capitalist pigs.

Um… Someone might have miscalculated a touch in 1959.

Fidel Castro, the Stalinist rebel who helped overthrow Batista, was a known communist… We didn’t want those kind of people working in Hollywood; but apparently we weren’t initially too opposed to them running an island. In defense of the US officials who fought for recognition of Cuba’s new leaders, a bunch of banana republics in the area already cheered on Che Guevara and Fidel – why on earth should we object to a communist revolution 90 miles off the US coast?

To be fair, there was quite a bit of concern among US officials. I mean, we were kinda being harassed by a group of commies in a third-world empire halfway across the globe… We really didn’t need a Marxist sympathizer in our backyard. But Secretary of State John Foster Dulles helped ease our fears by pointing out that Fidel wasn’t in a position to build a worker’s paradise 90 miles off of Florida’s coast… Heck, Castro wasn’t initially in charge of the government (some guy named Urrutia was “officially” in charge), how could he possibly rock the boat?

more at:

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/michaelschaus/2015/02/16/anyone-remember-when-communists-were-the-bad-guys-n1957940?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Re: Anyone Remember When Communists Were the "Bad Guys"?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 08:32:19 pm »
I really want to ask a leftist why people who kill homosexuals are now their friends while those of us who think they shouldn't be married to each other are screamed at and called "haters"..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 08:36:30 pm »
I really want to ask a leftist why people who kill homosexuals are now their friends while those of us who think they shouldn't be married to each other are screamed at and called "haters"..........

:laugh: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 08:58:08 pm »

The answer can only be that those that kill homosexuals are not JEWS or CHRISTIANS.  That is what they truly hate - those damned dastardly damning worshippers of GOD.

Anything else can be overlooked in LeftyLaLa land.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 09:05:05 pm »
The answer can only be that those that kill homosexuals are not JEWS or CHRISTIANS.  That is what they truly hate - those damned dastardly damning worshippers of GOD.

Anything else can be overlooked in LeftyLaLa land.

No argument there!

I'm betting, however, that no leftist in lalaland is perceptive enough, nor articulate enough to express the reality of what they're doing.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 09:10:25 pm »
No argument there!

I'm betting, however, that no leftist in lalaland is perceptive enough, nor articulate enough to express the reality of what they're doing.

It's quite amazing that Morning Joe hasn't asked Mika or Chuck Todd, etc., how they rationalize the accommodation of Islam's treatment of homosexuals, to the outright hatred of Conservatives on their POV on gay marriage.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 09:25:11 pm »
It's quite amazing that Morning Joe hasn't asked Mika or Chuck Todd, etc., how they rationalize the accommodation of Islam's treatment of homosexuals, to the outright hatred of Conservatives on their POV on gay marriage.

It IS amazing.  It's the same with everything else though - the issues that liberals KNOW that Obama or Hillary or Pelosi or Reid, etc. - are lying through their teeth about - but they do not care.  It's a wink-wink/nod/nod thing where they know they have to lie to get it passed, before everyone realizes it was a big lie.  What is it the Muslims call it?  Taqiyya?  Where they are allowed to lie if it will help promote their true cause.

It's not the hatred of homosexuals that bothers them at all - it's the loving of God.  That is the thing that is like throwing Holy Water on a vampire to them.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 09:25:18 pm »

If Morning Joe were a bit more perceptive himself, he might have already asked that question to Mika.  :smokin: