Author Topic: George W. Bush Calls Out ISIS for the Evil Terrorist Group It Is… and Doesn’t Mince Words  (Read 736 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/249714-george-w-bush-makes-simple-statement-isis-will-make-heads-spin

On Wednesday, while speaking at the University of Mary Hardin–Baylor, former President George W. Bush was able to capture the reality of ISIS in just three words:

“Evil is real.”
Bush continued:

“There is no light grey. . . Murdering innocent people to move a political point of view has been, is and always will be evil.”
Reactions to Bush’s speech have ranged from good...

-----------

One thing you can say about W for all his flaws - he knows when a terrorist is s terrorist...

The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/249714-george-w-bush-makes-simple-statement-isis-will-make-heads-spin

On Wednesday, while speaking at the University of Mary Hardin–Baylor, former President George W. Bush was able to capture the reality of ISIS in just three words:

“Evil is real.”
Bush continued:

“There is no light grey. . . Murdering innocent people to move a political point of view has been, is and always will be evil.”
Reactions to Bush’s speech have ranged from good...

-----------

One thing you can say about W for all his flaws - he knows when a terrorist is s terrorist...

That's why I felt much more secure when he was President than I do now.

He took terrorism seriously, and had the moral clarity to call it by its true name.......... EVIL.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's why I felt much more secure when he was President than I do now.

He took terrorism seriously, and had the moral clarity to call it by its true name.......... EVIL.

That's because you KNEW he was on our side and that the guy who replaced him is not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

That's because you KNEW he was on our side and that the guy who replaced him is not!

Exactly.

He loves this country, and he was humbled by being President.

The punk-dictator in there now hates his own country and is both arrogant and stupid at the same time.

Unfortunately, it's putting us all in mortal danger.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Exactly.

He loves this country, and he was humbled by being President.

The punk-dictator in there now hates his own country and is both arrogant and stupid at the same time.

Unfortunately, it's putting us all in mortal danger.

IMHO you left one very important word out of your last sentence. That word is purposefully.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

IMHO you left one very important word out of your last sentence. That word is purposefully.

I stand corrected.

It's definitely purposeful.

And that makes our situation even more frightening.