Author Topic: Jesse Jackson Alert: Cheating Black Little League Team Losing Their Title Is Racist  (Read 1575 times)

rangerrebew

Jesse Jackson Alert: Cheating Black Little League Team Losing Their Title Is Racist

By Brian Anderson, February 12, 2015.

The Jackie Robison West baseball team who won the American Little League championship last summer was stripped of their title for violating residency rules. The all black team used players from outside the area they represent, building an all-star team in clear violation of the rules everyone else followed. Because of this, the team must vacate all of their wins, forfeit their title, and their coach has been suspended. Oh, and of course, the punishment is totally racist.

In a press conference led by a tearful Jesse Jackson, parents of the players took turns at the microphone accusing Little League Baseball of racism for enforcing its rules.

ABC 7 Chicago captured all of the action:

“Little League says that they teach character and they teach courage. Well, this isn’t an act of courage and this sure isn’t an act of character. Brandon Green and his teammates, they earned the championship win and we will not stop until justice is done,” said Venisa Green, mother of JRW player Brandon Green.

She does understand that part of a person’s character is not cheating to win a baseball game, doesn’t she?

“A lot of people feel the players – the boys, the young men – should not be punished for the actions of a few,” said Ronald Holt, community leader.

Who should be punished? The team that cheated, or the teams that didn’t but were beaten by the team that cheated?

“This is America. You have to explain to our children that this is America and this is how it works in America,” said Dennis Butler, grandfather of a JRW player.

Yeah, that’s exactly how things work in America. You cheat, you get caught, you are punished. Would he prefer the boys learn the lesson that you are not held responsible for your actions? Apparently so.

Then, for some reason, a white priest took the podium and dropped this bomb:

“You need to reverse this unless you’re going to go after all 16 teams. This is a racist attack and racist at the foot of this, and there’s no way I’ll back off from that, none whatsoever,” Pfleger said.

Fighting back the tears, Jesse Jackson mumbled into the mic:

“This is persecution. This is not right, it’s unnecessary. And it’s not fair,” Jackson said.

And yet it’s somehow fair to the other teams that didn’t break the rules because they didn’t have all-black rosters, right Jesse?

Jackson says this is still new, and the group is still evaluating options including possible legal action. They say the Jackie Robinson team was singled out for scrutiny and if there is an investigation of them, there should be an investigation of all 16 teams in the Little League World Series. And they say if rules were broken, it’s the adults who should face repercussions, not the kids.

Jesse Jackson is so outraged at this egregious example of “racism” that he’s holding a rally for the Jackie Robinson West team this weekend at his Rainbow PUSH coalition headquarters.

For the record, Little League Baseball has previously stripped teams of wins and titles for the same kinds of violations. This may come as a shock to Mr. Jackson, but those teams were not made up of all black players. From ESPN:

Jackie Robinson West isn’t the first team to have its Little League title stripped. In 1992, Little League took away the title from Zamboanga, Philippines, and handed it to Long Beach, California, after Zamboanga used several players who lived outside its district or were overage. In 2001, a team from the Bronx that finished third was forced to forfeit its games after pitcher Danny Almonte was revealed to be overage.

Here’s another shock: not everything bad that happens to black people is racism, especially if it’s of their own doing.

Follow Brian Anderson on Twitter

http://downtrend.com/71superb/jesse-jackson-alert-cheating-black-little-league-team-losing-their-title-is-racist
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:03:45 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Jackson is racist against himself. These antics just perpetuate the stereotype of blacks being gangstas, thugs, and predators who obey no laws, no rules, and just take what they want, do what they want. The only picture he paints is one of separatism and supremism that doesn't wish to live in normal society, but be like sharks and take advantage of it to insert themselves at the top of the food chain.
The Republic is lost.

Online kevindavis007

When in doubt use the race card...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

Once again, the real racism that still exists in America is overlooked because idiots like Jackson and Sharpton scream racism for things that aren't.

I wonder how much better race relations would be now if Jackson/Sharpton had kept their racist mouths shut.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online kevindavis007

Once again, the real racism that still exists in America is overlooked because idiots like Jackson and Sharpton scream racism for things that aren't.

I wonder how much better race relations would be now if Jackson/Sharpton had kept their racist mouths shut.

The sad part is that people can get sick of hearing about the race card and ignore real cases or racism... This is like the boy who cried wolf..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

The sad part is that people can get sick of hearing about the race card and ignore real cases or racism... This is like the boy who cried wolf..

Exactly.

Even people who genuinely care about racial reconciliation are being driven away, or at least have become apathetic.

The race card has done unbelievable damage to the cause they claim to support.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online kevindavis007

Exactly.

Even people who genuinely care about racial reconciliation are being driven away, or at least have become apathetic.

The race card has done unbelievable damage to the cause they claim to support.

To be honest I'm becoming apathetic.. This is a case in where the team really did cheat coming from the coaches, and the parents. I'm not sure if the kids where in on it as well (we shall see). It is just people covering their butts for spending money on parades and donations so on. If an all white team had done the same thing I would support what the Little League did.. Besides what message do these 'adults' send? Is it OK to cheat if you are poor and a minority?

Offline GourmetDan

Besides what message do these 'adults' send? Is it OK to cheat if you are poor and a minority?

You mean it's not?  I thought that's what affirmative action was?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:36:54 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

To be honest I'm becoming apathetic.. This is a case in where the team really did cheat coming from the coaches, and the parents. I'm not sure if the kids where in on it as well (we shall see). It is just people covering their butts for spending money on parades and donations so on. If an all white team had done the same thing I would support what the Little League did.. Besides what message do these 'adults' send? Is it OK to cheat if you are poor and a minority?

You bring up a very good point here, kevin.

What Jackson is really saying is that cheating should be overlooked if the cheaters are a minority.

And that's a horrible message to give these talented kids.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
kevin davis asks above:
[[ To be honest I'm becoming apathetic ...
...Besides what message do these 'adults' send? Is it OK to cheat if you are poor and a minority? ]]

From their viewpoint, YES, it IS alright.

You were responding to a post by musiclady who commented, "Even people who genuinely care about racial reconciliation are being driven away, or at least have become apathetic...."

I think we're reaching a point where more and more Euro-Americans -- perhaps a majority, perhaps quite a sizable one -- no longer care about "racial reconciliation". They're fed up with black behavior, and no longer care about the "justice" towards blacks, racial, or otherwise.

This is an entirely reasonable and rational point of view, if one observes the attitudes and behavior of the overwhelming majority of blacks. THEY certainly don't act like they're interested in "reconciliation".

And I no longer care, either, because a lifetime of observation and experience (including being the subject of unprovoked attacks by blacks, more than once) has taught me it's simply not possible. A great dream, perhaps, and once even I considered it, but no more.

We're likely to see racial reconciliation --- just AFTER we have solved the problems of man-made global warming and eliminated radical islam from the world...

Online kevindavis007

You bring up a very good point here, kevin.

What Jackson is really saying is that cheating should be overlooked if the cheaters are a minority.

And that's a horrible message to give these talented kids.

Exactly, I'm giving these kids the benefit of the doubt, but I blame the parents and coaches.

Online kevindavis007

kevin davis asks above:
[[ To be honest I'm becoming apathetic ...
...Besides what message do these 'adults' send? Is it OK to cheat if you are poor and a minority? ]]

From their viewpoint, YES, it IS alright.

You were responding to a post by musiclady who commented, "Even people who genuinely care about racial reconciliation are being driven away, or at least have become apathetic...."

I think we're reaching a point where more and more Euro-Americans -- perhaps a majority, perhaps quite a sizable one -- no longer care about "racial reconciliation". They're fed up with black behavior, and no longer care about the "justice" towards blacks, racial, or otherwise.

This is an entirely reasonable and rational point of view, if one observes the attitudes and behavior of the overwhelming majority of blacks. THEY certainly don't act like they're interested in "reconciliation".

And I no longer care, either, because a lifetime of observation and experience (including being the subject of unprovoked attacks by blacks, more than once) has taught me it's simply not possible. A great dream, perhaps, and once even I considered it, but no more.

We're likely to see racial reconciliation --- just AFTER we have solved the problems of man-made global warming and eliminated radical islam from the world...

I think we were headed towards reconciliation, but Obama and his ilk has made thing worse imho.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:23:07 am by kevindavis »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I think we were headed towards reconciliation, but Obama and his ilk has made thing worse imho.
Obama has done everything WRONG, with his unique opportunity to build on previous gains.

I saw affirmative action in the Army in 1969, when unqualified blacks got unearned promotions.

The idea they should be treated differently, because of the past, has long since expired. The NBA and NFL are full of players with college "minor league" experience and even degrees, paid for by taxpayers, is another example.

My concern card is expired, and while harsh sentencing for marijuana possession might be a valid complaint, committing murder at seven times the rates of others is not to be excused or ignored.

Mass theft of stores, burning their own neighborhood businesses, assaulting strangers for the thrill of it, are all taking place with an air of acceptance without comment by Obama.

Voters will remember.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

I completely agree.

This administration has set back race relations decades.

Offline GourmetDan

Just because racism among whites is almost eliminated, that doesn't mean that the same is true among the blacks. 

God love ya, Kevin; but I think you're projecting your own lack of racial animus onto people who are still very racist.  I think that Bammy and his ilk merely give voice to the simmering resentment that was still there even if you didn't feel the same way. 

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The Mountain Ridge team of Las Vegas, are declared Champions.

Hmmmm.......    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The only solution is to allow the blacks to start their own "Regional" League.

Then, eventually vie for a National Tournament.. 

If they can have a "Black Caucus......", they can have their own league with their own set of rules.      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald