Author Topic: LA Health Officials Take Action After Local Supermarket Sells Raccoons As Food  (Read 520 times)

Offline flowers

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/02/10/la-health-department-takes-action-after-local-supermarket-sells-raccoons-as-food/

TEMPLE CITY (CBSLA.com) — The Health Department has taken action after a local supermarket’s frozen foods section featured an unusual item.

Inspectors from the LA County Health Department visited the Metro Supermarket in Temple City on Tuesday, after being informed that the market was selling raccoons as food.

Employees at the market declined to appear on camera, but did show entire raccoons, frozen, bagged, and selling for $9.99 per pound. The employees say raccoon is considered a delicacy in China.

Customer Christina Dow was at the market, and upon seeing the frozen raccoons, filmed the scene on her cell phone. She shared the video on social media.

“The way it’s packaged in the store, it’s so real, and it’s so fresh, and you don’t see chickens with their feathers and blood all over them, and their expression, with their tongue hanging out,” Dow said.

Wow, being married to a southerner, I really don't see the problem. No I wouldn't eat it.

Offline olde north church

I'd imagine 'possum would have been first.  Although racoon might taste like coatimundi, a favorite in Mexico.  Okay, that's why it's racoon not 'possum.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
....and the banjos were playing as they danced to the music...
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/02/10/la-health-department-takes-action-after-local-supermarket-sells-raccoons-as-food/

Wow, being married to a southerner, I really don't see the problem. No I wouldn't eat it.

My dad had an uncle that would force him to eat raccoon when he was a small boy - he hated it.  Then, the uncle started sneaking the raccoon in other dishes and not telling anyone.  It's one thing to not have anything else to eat......

:2barf:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!