Author Topic: WATCH: Bill Maher asks what will it take for Arab countries to take out their own trash?  (Read 365 times)

rangerrebew

WATCH: Bill Maher asks what will it take for Arab countries to take out their own trash?

In the latest episode of 'Real Time,' Bill Maher and his panel discuss the latest ISIS execution and President Obama's speech at the National Prayer Breakfast.

By Haaretz    |   Feb. 8, 2015 | 5:21 PM

Feb. 9, 2015 | 3:25 PM  |  1

Short transcript:

(Scroll down for the full clip)

Bill Maher: He's just saying, I've made this point myself a billion times. If I was living living in the 16th century it would be Christianity you ought to be going after because they're the ones who were the most violent and the most intolerant. But we're not living in the 16th century. The problem with Obama making this statement is that he doesn't make the follow-up statement that I always do: we did it then, they're doing it now...

This ISIS group, I have to tell you, they create a cognitive dissonance in my mind, I'll admit that. Because logically I think we should let the Arab world, the Muslim world, take care of them themselves and get out of there. Stop giving a common enemy to the region. But I have to admit they are very good at pushing buttons. When I see the things they do like this week I am like we have to smoke these motherfuckers yesterday. I am like what is taking so long? And you know what it is taking so long? No boots on the ground. Why doesn't Jordan have boots on the ground? Why doesn't Egypt...

Amy Holmes: Saudi Arabia.

Maher:  Saudi Arabia. Why don't these countries, what does it take for them to put boots on the ground? Take out your own trash.

John Mccormack: The ideal is Arab ground troops, but what if it fails? Do we really think that if we leave them alone they're going to leave us alone? There aren't going to be another Charlie Hebdo every week in Europe, in America?

Maher: I don't see how us being over there taking care of the problem they should be taking care of and forestalling civil war. They need to have this civil war amongst themselves. If this doesn't get it started, I don't see what does.

http://www.haaretz.com/video/1.641445
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:43:51 pm by rangerrebew »