Author Topic: Gallup CEO Fears He Might “Suddenly Disappear” for Questioning U.S. Jobs Data  (Read 627 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://wallstreetonparade.com/2015/02/gallup-ceo-fears-he-might-suddenly-disappear-for-questioning-u-s-jobs-data/

Gallup CEO Fears He Might “Suddenly Disappear” for Questioning U.S. Jobs Data

By Pam Martens and Russ Martens: February 5, 2015

Years of unending news stories on U.S. government programs of surveillance, rendition and torture have apparently chilled the speech of even top business executives in the United States.

Yesterday, Jim Clifton, the Chairman and CEO of Gallup, an iconic U.S. company dating back to 1935, told CNBC that he was worried he might “suddenly disappear” and not make it home that evening if he disputed the accuracy of what the U.S. government is reporting as unemployed Americans.

The CNBC interview came one day after Clifton had penned a gutsy opinion piece on Gallup’s web site, defiantly calling the government’s 5.6 percent unemployment figure “The Big Lie” in the article’s headline. His appearance on CNBC was apparently to walk back the “lie” part of the title and reframe the jobs data as just hopelessly deceptive.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Politics4us

He's said more to refute Obama's recover news than the Republican leadership.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
There you go.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
There you go.

Two words.....

Andrew Breitbart 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I would say Mr. Clifton just ensured his own safety by saying this.

The way things seem to be tilting...and by that I mean the overall tone and sheer number of anti-Obama pieces are flooding the news and the internet, it would be beyond brazen should he suffer a terminal event.  'Health-wise' or otherwise.

The NBC anchor and Gallop CEO in the same week?   I'm buying a lottery ticket.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Two words.....

Andrew Breitbart

Yep.

I can't believe this guy would even say this on television.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's not Obama that you have to worry about.

It's that lady in the other room...