Author Topic: WIFE LEAVES HUSBAND WHO REFUSED TO GIVE UP NEWBORN SON WITH DOWN SYNDROME  (Read 515 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://abc7.com/family/wife-leaves-husband-who-refused-to-give-up-newborn-son-with-down-syndrome/506319/

After a new father refused to give up his newborn son, born with Down syndrome, the mother has left both of them. Now the father needs a lot of help. (Courtesy ABC News/Samuel Forrest)

Updated 1 hr 7 mins ago
After a new father refused to give up his newborn son, born with Down syndrome, the mother left both of them. Now the father needs a lot of help.

According to ABC News, Samuel Forrest of Armenia was waiting outside of his wife's hospital room as she was giving birth when he first heard his newborn son's cries.

"This pediatrician walks out of the room with a little bundle -- that was Leo," Forrest said. "She had his face covered up and hospital authorities wouldn't let me see him or my wife. When the doctor came out, he said 'there's a real problem with your son.'

After a new father refused to give up his newborn son, born with Down syndrome, the mother has left both of them. Now the father needs a lot of help. Courtesy ABC News/Samuel Forrest

Forrest was told that Leo was diagnosed with Down syndrome. Despite initial shock, Forrest was not deterred from loving his son.

When Forrest walked back into his wife's hospital room, Leo in his arms, his wife gave him an ultimatum: if he chose to keep the baby, she would divorce him.

Despite his wife's warnings, Forrest decided he wanted to keep Leo. One week later, Leo's mother filed for divorce.

Forrest says he plans to move back to his native New Zealand where he will receive loving support from family there.

Though this plan has one small hitch: Forrest is not that well off alone, and now he needs to provide for two.

Forrest is asking for donations to his GoFundMe page, which has already raised nearly $30,000 in nine days - but that's only half of what he estimates he'll need.

"The goal is to raise enough for a year so I can get a part-time job so Leo doesn't have to be in daycare and I can help care for him. He's lost a lot in two weeks, Forrest told ABC News. "It'd be different if he had his mommy."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: WIFE LEAVES HUSBAND WHO REFUSED TO GIVE UP NEWBORN SON WITH DOWN SYNDROME
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 03:20:38 am »
He and his son are both WAY better off without that monster in their lives.  God bless the father - and that little boy!  All of the Downs Syndrome children, and some adults, that I have known - have been the happiest and kindest people and they are a blessing to know!  Prettiest smiles in the world!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:25:59 am »
He and his son are both WAY better off without that monster in their lives.  God bless the father - and that little boy!  All of the Downs Syndrome children, and some adults, that I have known - have been the happiest and kindest people and they are a blessing to know!  Prettiest smiles in the world!

:amen: Alice!   :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 04:49:04 am »
I want to believe that this story is really true in the worst way.

I hope it is, and I hope they get all the help they need.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx