Author Topic: When Leftwing Economists Gruber and Krugman Practiced Economics, by Larry Elder  (Read 263 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
February 5, 2015

Minimum wage and paid family leave are not only moral imperatives, says Obama, but good economics to boot. Employees, he tells us, are happier and therefore more productive. Minimum wage and paid medical leave, understand, actually benefit business. It’s just that dumb businessmen and women don’t realize it.

But what does it say that perhaps the two most high-profile leftwing economists once opposed the minimum wage and paid family and medical leave?

When Obamacare architect/economist Jonathan Gruber and The New York Times economist Paul Krugman actually practiced economics, they both opposed the minimum wage. In Gruber’s case, he also opposed government mandated for paid family and medical leave.

Excerpted from a post on Right Wing News. Full article:
http://rightwingnews.com/column-2/leftwing-economists-gruber-krugman-practiced-economics/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It says that their parents money wasn't totally wasted!

Almost but not entirely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien