Author Topic: Eric Holder: I Had to 'Rebuild' Justice Dept. After Bush  (Read 552 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eric Holder: I Had to 'Rebuild' Justice Dept. After Bush
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:27:33 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=622879

Newsmax
Eric Holder: I Had to 'Rebuild' Justice Dept. After Bush
Thursday, February 5, 2015 09:06 AM

By: Melanie Batley

Outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder has defended himself against a barrage of criticism that emerged in his absence during the confirmation hearings of his likely replacement, Loretta Lynch, The Washington Post reported.

At a news conference Tuesday, Holder hit back at claims by members of the Senate Judiciary Committee that he politicized the Justice Department.

"This notion," he said, that under his watch, "this Justice Department has been politicized is totally inconsistent with the facts.

"You want to look at a politicized Justice Department, you look at the one I inherited, all right? You look at the way in which hiring was done here for political reasons."

Holder said that his team "had to rebuild this department" and that it was "a little irresponsible" for those on Capitol Hill to characterize policy differences "as political."

Lynch is expected to be approved by the committee during the last week of February, with a full vote in the Senate to confirm her in the first or second week in March.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Eric Holder: I Had to 'Rebuild' Justice Dept. After Bush
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 02:44:48 pm »
Lynch is expected to be approved by the committee during the last week of February,...

Surely not! Not in our new REPUBLICAN senate!  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 03:45:03 pm »
Yeah, right, Holder.

All Bush cared about was politics.  All Obama cares about is justice.

OY.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 04:50:24 pm »
This country will never recover from what they are doing to it.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 05:34:21 pm »
Justice Department? To Holder, it's only the department of "Social Justice."

The Clinton (Bubba) State Department was bad enough. GWB never did clear out all the x42 political hacks from Foggy Bottom, and I shudder to think just what a cesspool that place is now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 05:36:20 pm »
Justice Department? To Holder, it's only the department of "Social Justice."

The Clinton (Bubba) State Department was bad enough. GWB never did clear out all the x42 political hacks from Foggy Bottom, and I shudder to think just what a cesspool that place is now.

Excellent observations!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien