Author Topic: Does ISIS risk blowback, or is there a plan? By Thomas Lifson  (Read 1197 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Does ISIS risk blowback, or is there a plan? By Thomas Lifson
« on: February 04, 2015, 03:59:50 pm »
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/02/does_isis_risk_blowback_or_is_there_a_plan.html

February 4, 2015
Does ISIS risk blowback, or is there a plan?
By Thomas Lifson

The airwaves are full of talking heads telling us that ISIS has made a mistake in posting the horrific video of the burning alive of Jordanian pilot Muath Al-Kassasbeh. The theory is that this may be a turning point, mobilizing not just Jordanian, but Arab public opinion, and forcing President Obama to finally decide to do what it takes to not just contain but conquer ISIS.

Maybe. I hope so. But it is worth considering what kind of strategy ISIS had in mind. After all, they have shown more propaganda sophistication than any other jihad group, and so far seem to be attracting adherents from all over the ummah rapidly, following the “strong horse” strategy first articulated by Osama bin Laden.

One possibility, raised by Charles Krauthammer yesterday on FNC’s Special Report, is that they intend to goad King Abdullah of Jordan into committing troops to fighting ISIS, and then provoking his overthrow. After all, the Hashemite Kingdom is not a democracy, but rather a monarchy of a Bedouin tribe from Arabia, imposed on the hapless Arabs by the British, who awarded Amman to the Hashemites as a consolation prize when the Saud family was awarded the monarchy of Arabia. The Hashemites are not even from Jordan. (Needless to say, this is not unusual: the British Royal Family are from Hanover, Germany, after all.) The majority of the population of Jordan is Palestinian, with a large number of recently-arrived Syrians. It is not at all hard to imagine an attempt to overthrow the monarchy while the King’s best troops, all of them Bedouins, are tied down fighting ISIS in Syria.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/02/does_isis_risk_blowback_or_is_there_a_plan.html#ixzz3QnCJVayD

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Does ISIS risk blowback, or is there a plan? By Thomas Lifson
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 04:08:19 pm »
All of this 7th Century tribal stuff is enough to do me in.  Ultimately, it will all have to be dealt with and the sooner the West realizes that the better.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 04:08:32 pm »
Entirely possible and even more so if Jordan acts alone or essentially alone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 04:12:05 pm »
All of this 7th Century tribal stuff is enough to do me in.  Ultimately, it will all have to be dealt with and the sooner the West realizes that the better.

IMHO every bit of this stems from the fact that Jimmy Carter decided that it would be in the best interests of the world to allow the Mullas to take down the Shah in Iran! Which is, in reality, taking sides in a fight for the throne of Persia that goes back to the 6th century!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 04:52:26 pm »
So at some point these animals will impale a human? they said the next would be worse.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 05:05:50 pm »
So at some point these animals will impale a human? they said the next would be worse.

http://list25.com/25-most-brutal-torture-techniques-ever-devised/

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 05:28:22 pm »
Just so they don't waterboard anyone.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 05:45:21 pm »
Just so they don't waterboard anyone.

You mean anyone other than every single special operator in the service of the United States I presume!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 03:53:14 am »
flowers wrote above:
[[ So at some point these animals will impale a human? ]]

Wasn't it an anti-muslim leader who was named for doing just that?

These animals respect nothing except power and the fear of such power being used against them.

Perhaps the only strategy that will compel them to stop (notice I did not suggest that they might be stopped by "reason"...) is to commit acts that invoke fear in them so great that even they will cower away in terror.

Paging Vlad the Impaler ... your services are again needed. Please pick up the nearest courtesy phone...