Author Topic: Report: Dozens Of House Dems Threaten To Boycott Netanyahu Speech  (Read 564 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/house-democrats-boycott-netanyahu

ByDYLAN SCOTTPublishedFEBRUARY 4, 2015, 9:33 AM EST

Dozens of House Democrats are threatening to boycott Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's March 3 speech before a joint session of Congress, Politico reported Tuesday, another sign of how the speech is exacerbating partisan tensions over Israel.

The news outlet cited lawmakers and aides. Democrats are perturbed about House Speaker John Boehner and Israeli ambassador Ron Dermer planning the speech, which will address international negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program, without consulting the Obama administration.

“I just don’t know if it’s the proper response or not,” Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) told Politico of a boycott. “But I just think it’s a mistake and it might be a proper protest. But I haven’t made that definite decision.”

Vice President Joe Biden hasn't committed to attending, according to Politico. He would ordinarily sit beside Boehner as president of the Senate during a joint session of Congress.

The White House has already said that President Obama will not meet with Netanyahu during his visit to Washington, D.C., citing the Israeli elections two weeks later. Secretary of State John Kerry also will not meet with the prime minister.

A number of House Democrats have already drafted a letter urging Boehner to postpone the speech until after the Israeli elections and the current debate over new sanctions on Iran in Congress.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Report: Dozens Of House Dems Threaten To Boycott Netanyahu Speech
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 03:43:10 pm »
Let the boycott! Who needs them?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Report: Dozens Of House Dems Threaten To Boycott Netanyahu Speech
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:49:48 pm »
They just showed their weak hand. Prepare for ramming speed!
The Republic is lost.