Author Topic: Obama threatens stopping paychecks to 143,000 Homeland Security employees at month's end if Republicans don't give up fight over 'amnesty' for illegal immigrants  (Read 991 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2936746/Obama-threatens-stopping-paychecks-143-000-Homeland-Security-employees-month-s-end-Republicans-don-t-fight-amnesty-illegal-immigrants.html

Obama threatens stopping paychecks to 143,000 Homeland Security employees at month's end if Republicans don't give up fight over 'amnesty' for illegal immigrants

Obama warned GOP against holding DHS funding hostage as they fight him on sweeping immigration policy changes that he made on his own
    President said critical DHS workers will have to work without pay after February 27 if there's no deal for the department's funding
    Republicans funded the rest of the government through September but put Homeland Security on a tighter leash
    Obama moved last year to unilaterally change immigration policy and guarantee no deportations for 5 million illegal immigrants

By David Martosko, Us Political Editor For Dailymail.com

Published: 12:44 EST, 2 February 2015 | Updated: 15:50 EST, 2 February 2015

President Barack Obama claimed on Monday that without a comprehensive budget covering the Department of Homeland Security, more than 130,000 mission-critical employees will be forced to work without pay by the end of the month.

They include 40,000 employed by Customs and Border Protection, 50,000 Transportation Security Administration screeners, 13,000 Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and 40,000 Coast Guard personnel.

Pay would be restored at the end of any withholding period.

'I know how vital you are, and I want to make sure more Americans know how vital you are,' Obama told an auditorium full of DHS employees Monday the department's headquarters, as the White House rolled out his $4 trillion budget request for 2016.

In addition, it's likely that 4,000 people who work for the Secret Service will see paychecks on hold if Obama doesn't strike a deal with Republicans in Congress, along with.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2936746/Obama-threatens-stopping-paychecks-143-000-Homeland-Security-employees-month-s-end-Republicans-don-t-fight-amnesty-illegal-immigrants.html#ixzz3QdbDvsYy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Obama threatens stopping paychecks to 143,000 Homeland Security employees at month's end if Republicans don't give up fight over 'amnesty' for illegal immigrants ]]

Actually, I think this is a -very- good idea.

I want to see those "Homeland Security" employees jobless.
If all those employees aren't being paid, maybe they'll decide it's not worth working.
And that's a -good- thing.
I want the entire DHS shut down -- it should never have been created in the first place.

So go ahead, Barry -- make my day!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:35:30 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

IMPEACHMENT.  It's the RIGHT thing to do.  Now!

For what cause?  Because he is enforcing the Congress's CR?  How would you sell it to the voters?

rangerrebew

Obama Threatens Halting Paychecks Of 143K Homeland Security Employees If Republicans Don’t Give Up Amnesty Fight…

Here he goes with threats over those big, bad Republicans again…

Via Daily Mail:

President Barack Obama claimed on Monday that without a comprehensive budget covering the Department of Homeland Security, more than 130,000 mission-critical employees will be forced to work without pay by the end of the month.

They include 40,000 employed by Customs and Border Protection, 50,000 Transportation Security Administration screeners, 13,000 Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and 40,000 Coast Guard personnel.

Pay would be restored at the end of any withholding period.

‘I know how vital you are, and I want to make sure more Americans know how vital you are,’ Obama told an auditorium full of DHS employees Monday the department’s headquarters, as the White House rolled out his $4 trillion budget request for 2016.

In addition, it’s likely that 4,000 people who work for the Secret Service will see paychecks on hold if Obama doesn’t strike a deal with Republicans in Congress, along with.

Jarred Stone | February 2, 2015 7:47 pm

http://weaselzippers.us/212932-obama-threatens-halting-paychecks-of-143k-homeland-security-employees-if-republicans-dont-give-up-amnesty-fight/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:30:39 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Wow, like anyone's surprised. We all knew it was going here, and no doubt Small Ball and Other Brother Small Ball will cave.

What a piss poor concocted strategy.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I hope I live long enough to see adults running this country.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline flowers