Author Topic: Rick Perry Despite Indictment - Moving Right Along  (Read 413 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Rick Perry Despite Indictment - Moving Right Along
« on: February 01, 2015, 02:27:18 am »
I think he'd make a great President, but this will definitely hurt his chances of being the GOP nominee.

Rick Perry: Despite Indictment, 'We're Moving Right Along' On 2016 Plans

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) said the felony charges he's facing in court aren't derailing his potential 2016 plans.

"We're moving right along," Perry said at a press conference on Wednesday.

Perry said he would make an announcement about his 2016 plans in the "May-June timetable."

On Tuesday, a judge refused to dismiss charges against Perry on constitutional grounds. But Perry said he's "confident" he'll successfully fight the charges...

...Perry was indicted in August on charges of abuse of official power and coercion of a public servant. He is accused of publicly threatening — then making good on — a 2013 veto of $7.5 million in state funding last year for a public corruption division within the office of Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg. That came after Lehmberg, a Democrat, refused to resign following a conviction and jail time for drunken driving...

...Perry has spent more than $1.1 million of his campaign funds on his defense...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/28/rick-perry-indictment-2016_n_6563900.html
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:29:29 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.