Author Topic: Jeb Bush was a pot-smoking bully, say former classmates...[and so it starts]  (Read 910 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/231328-jeb-bush-was-a-pot-smoking-bully-say-former-classmates

January 30, 2015, 04:33 pm
Jeb Bush was a pot-smoking bully, say former classmates
By David McCabe

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said in the 1990s that he smoked marijuana while he was in high school, but a new profile of the likely 2016 presidential candidate paints a more detailed picture of his use of the drug.

A classmate, Peter Tibbetts, told The Boston Globe that he smoked marijuana for the first time with Bush in the woods near their dorm at the prestigious Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass.

Later, he told the newspaper, he smoked hashish with the future governor while the two of them listened to the song "Magic Carpet Ride."
“The first time I really got stoned was in Jeb’s room,” Tibbetts told the Globe. “He had a portable stereo with removable speakers. He put on Steppenwolf for me.”

“I drank alcohol and I smoked marijuana when I was at Andover,” Bush told the Globe. “It was pretty common.”

The story comes from a lengthy profile of Bush published by the newspaper that details his time at the private boarding school, which was also attended by his father and brother, Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush.

It depicts Bush as a student who struggled with his studies in his early years and mostly stayed away from protests against the Vietnam War, which his father was backing.

The article also includes stories from students saying Bush, who was tall and physically imposing, was something of a bully as a high schooler.

Tibbetts told the Globe that he had helped Bush sew pajama pants belonging to a smaller boy shut so that the boy could not wear them.

Bush told the Globe that he did not remember the bullying incidents described in the story.

“I don’t believe that is true,” he said. “It was 44 years ago and it is not possible for me to remember.”

The stories are reminiscent of 2012 piece published in The Washington Post that alleged that Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney had bullied a high school classmate he perceived to be gay by having others restrain him while Romney cut his hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEEzbFxEbB8
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LottieDah

Jeb Bush was a pot-smoking bully, blah, blah, blah.  He stole the 2000 election for his brother, blah, blah blah.  His daughter had a substance abuse problem blah, blah blah.  Fasten your seat belts we are in for a bumpy ride

Offline aligncare

It's why so many otherwise fine, talented people won't enter political life.

It's funny how we revere the office of the presidency and yet put up with a sleazy, grinding process to win election. Who wants to put their family through something like that?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Jeb Bush was a pot-smoking bully, blah, blah, blah.  He stole the 2000 election for his brother, blah, blah blah.  His daughter had a substance abuse problem blah, blah blah.  Fasten your seat belts we are in for a bumpy ride
Shouldn't amount to much insofar as our last 3 presidents, 2 terms each, have admitted to pot use.

George W. Bush even did them one better; admitted substance usage caused him problems, so he stopped.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://time.com/3690686/jeb-bush-andover-marijuana/

Jeb Bush Opens Up on Pot Use in His Youth

Sam Frizell @Sam_Frizell  5:16 PM ET

The potential 2016 presidential candidate's high school years were tumultuous, reports the Boston Globe

In an in-depth report in the Boston Globe, classmates remember the son of Congressman George Bush Sr. as indifferent and detached. Jeb Bush refused to join the Progressive Andover Republicans club at Phillips Academy in Andover, and declined to discuss politics, reports the Boston Globe. He also indulged in drugs and drinking.

“I drank alcohol and I smoked marijuana when I was at Andover,” Bush said of his high school years, both of which could have led to expulsion. “It was pretty common.”

Bush’s grades were so poor that he was nearly expelled, and the possible 2016 presidential candidate remembers his boarding school experience as one of the most difficult times of his life, the Globe reports.

While other students “were constantly arguing about politics and particularly Vietnam, he just wasn’t interested, he didn’t participate, he didn’t care,” said Phil Sylvester, who said he was a Bush roommate for the early part of 10th grade.

Still, Bush, who went on to the University of Texas and was later named Florida’s Secretary of Commerce calls Andover Academy the place where “I learned how to think.”
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:45:17 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
My first thought was that this is a naked attempt at getting his name back in the spotlight with a silly attack designed to draw sympathy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024