Author Topic: Ventura Won't See 'American Sniper'; Says Kyle is No Hero  (Read 1202 times)

rangerrebew

Ventura Won't See 'American Sniper'; Says Kyle is No Hero
« on: January 29, 2015, 01:12:23 pm »
Ventura Won't See 'American Sniper'; Says Kyle is No Hero

Associated Press | Jan 29, 2015 | by Steve Karnowski

MINNEAPOLIS  — "American Sniper" is tops at the box office but don't expect to see former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura lining up at a theater for it.

Ventura, a former Navy SEAL, won $1.8 million in a defamation lawsuit last year against the estate of the late Chris Kyle, the SEAL protagonist of the movie, which has sparked debate over whether snipers should be considered heroes. Ventura said Wednesday he won't see the film partly because Kyle is no hero to him.

"A hero must be honorable, must have honor. And you can't have honor if you're a liar. There is no honor in lying," Ventura told The Associated Press from his winter home in Baja California, Mexico. He also noted that the movie isn't playing there.

Ventura also dismissed the movie as propaganda because it conveys the false idea that Iraq had something to do with the 9/11 attacks. "It's as authentic as 'Dirty Harry,'" he said, referring to fictional movie series starring Clint Eastwood, the director of "American Sniper."

Ventura testified Kyle fabricated a subchapter in his "American Sniper" book in which Kyle claimed he punched out a man, whom he later identified as Ventura, at a California bar in 2006 for allegedly saying the SEALs "deserve to lose a few" in Iraq. Ventura said it never happened.

The jury gave Ventura the legal vindication he craved. Publisher HarperCollins removed the passage from the best-seller, and it gets no mention in the movie. Kyle's estate has appealed. Ventura's separate lawsuit against HarperCollins remains pending.

The former wrestler is now working on the second season of his online-only political talk show "Off the Grid" at Ora.tv, which he records in Mexico, where he lives in a solar-powered home with a satellite Internet connection.

Ed Huddleston, a lawyer for Kyle's widow, Taya Kyle, said they won't comment on Ventura's remarks because the lawsuit is on appeal.

Kyle was killed in 2013 on a shooting range. The former Marine charged in his death goes on trial in Texas next month.

The "American Sniper" film has been a sensation at the box office and has earned more than $200 million domestically since it was released last month on Christmas day.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/01/29/ventura-wont-see-american-sniper-says-kyle-is-no-hero.html?comp=700001075741&rank=4
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:13:04 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ventura Won't See 'American Sniper'; Says Kyle is No Hero
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 11:56:30 pm »
Well thank heaven Ventura finally spoke up.  I was wondering what his thoughts were on the subject.   :yawn2:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 12:04:29 am »
Ventura strikes me as a complete nut job. Which says something about the people we elect to political office. Does anyone know what kind of governor he was? Did he do a good job as gov?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 12:43:39 am »
Ventura strikes me as a complete nut job. Which says something about the people we elect to political office. Does anyone know what kind of governor he was? Did he do a good job as gov?

Suing a widow, because a guy may or may not have punched you in the face is not the 'right' or 'manly' thing to do in any case. Ventura seems to have a problem with letting things go.

He also believes in every conspiracy that every kook in his basement ever dreamed up. He is very big on conspiracies and uses them to excuse every setback he has suffered in his life. When you live like everything is a conspiracy, then what you are doing psychologically is exonerating your own fault.

You are excusing yourself. Conspiracy, is a psychological defense mechanism.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 12:46:40 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 01:34:34 am »
I don't always sue widows, but when I do, it is because, "I WANT THE FREAKIN' MONEY!!!!"

money honey, money, money, give me those dead man's kids money, give it to me instead money money

because he said he punched me when he did or didn't, money money

now I own his children's college fund, money money, money money
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 02:04:15 am »
So in other words, they could have slipped the incident into the film and, because Ventura refuses to see it, he would never know.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024