Author Topic: NFL finds Patriots used underinflated footballs  (Read 3970 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: NFL finds Patriots used underinflated footballs
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 09:39:38 pm »
The same! But that does NOT mean the balls were handled in exactly the same manner.

All the balls end up on the sidelines just prior to the game.

There are exclusive balls for punting, field goal attempts and kick-offs.  But they're all behind the respective teams sideline.

The weather is the same on both sides of the field.

If you're going to suggest the cold temperature affected the psi inside the football....why isn't anyone complaining the COLTS were inside the 12.5 to 13-5 psi barometer.....because what you're saying is that they too should have lost 2 lbs psi too! 

They didn't.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 09:42:07 pm »
The one report from ESPN on the halftime issue said that the balls were reinflated at halftime per standard, but tested again following the game and that is when they found 11 of the 12 balls used (all except the one used by the kicker and punter) were again under-inflated.

Were any of the Colt's footballs tested?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 10:04:51 pm »
All the balls end up on the sidelines just prior to the game.

There are exclusive balls for punting, field goal attempts and kick-offs.  But they're all behind the respective teams sideline.

The weather is the same on both sides of the field.

If you're going to suggest the cold temperature affected the psi inside the football....why isn't anyone complaining the COLTS were inside the 12.5 to 13-5 psi barometer.....because what you're saying is that they too should have lost 2 lbs psi too! 

They didn't.

As I said earlier, I am no authority on NFL ball handling just threw out a possibly.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 10:06:07 pm »

They didn't.

They didn't lose pressure or they weren't tested?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 10:09:00 pm »
This is drawing more press than the Ferguson riots, for goodness sakes.  I heard today the Patriots didn't even use their own footballs in the second half and stuck with the Colts'.  If the second coming of Jesus happened tomorrow it would be in the B section and would take a back seat to "inflationgate."  Rome anyone?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 10:10:49 pm »
This is drawing more press than the Ferguson riots, for goodness sakes.  I heard today the Patriots didn't even use their own footballs in the second half and stuck with the Colts'.  If the second coming of Jesus happened tomorrow it would be in the B section and would take a back seat to "inflationgate."  Rome anyone?

Well!  Inquiring minds want to know!    :silly:

Offline evadR

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 10:19:45 pm »
Go Pats  ...whatever you have to do to beat that miserable Pete Carroll,  DO IT!!
As to the deflated balls,
The refs say they checked the balls before the game,
the ballboy says he didn't do it,
Belichick says he knows nothing about it,
Brady says he knows nothing about it....

where does that leave us?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 11:12:24 pm »
Go Pats  ...whatever you have to do to beat that miserable Pete Carroll,  DO IT!!

With a panicked NFL central control hoping and praying that people don't tune out of the Super Bowl over all of this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline evadR

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 11:21:17 pm »
With a panicked NFL central control hoping and praying that people don't tune out of the Super Bowl over all of this.

Can you imagine the signs at the Super Bowl. 
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 03:08:11 am »

Where does that leave us?    GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 03:17:18 am »
I'm just here so I don't get fined, boss.

Go Seahawks, get two!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 03:20:01 am »
Could this, too....have been contrived and staged, to create blood and controversy?

Apparently GoDaddy has done just that with an advertisement.

Stay tuned. This will be my 2nd complete football game of the season, the 1st being the college playoff bowl.

I'm leaning Seattle for regional reasons, plus they didn't mess with their balls.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2015, 04:38:17 am »
Could this, too....have been contrived and staged, to create blood and controversy?
Nah. The NFL already has a good thing going. Why would they purposely alienate the masses with questions of shady practices?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 02:49:08 pm »

Apparently GoDaddy has done just that with an advertisement.

Stay tuned. This will be my 2nd complete football game of the season, the 1st being the college playoff bowl.

I'm leaning Seattle for regional reasons, plus they didn't mess with their balls.

I love college football and watch all I can of that but IF I watch the "Super" bowl it will be my first NFL game of the season!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien