Author Topic: Rush: Snowstorm Snowjob Is a Teachable Moment  (Read 333 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Snowstorm Snowjob Is a Teachable Moment
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:29:30 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/01/27/snowstorm_snowjob_is_a_teachable_moment

Snowstorm Snowjob Is a Teachable Moment
January 27, 2015

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here we are alive to tell the tale.  Nobody perished, nobody died despite Mayor de Blasio's warning that few would survive this historic snowfall.  I told you yesterday.  You know, and, by the way, I hope everybody listens to the way I'm gonna analyze this today, because this is a key thing people are going to have to realize.  They're going to have to learn why this happened.  Why was this presented, this forecast -- and even at its worst it was gonna be 24 inches, which New York has survived countless times. 

Yet this was presented as a life-threatening crisis, and look what they did, look at the economy, the economic commerce that these people from the National Weather Service and all these politicians collectively ganged up on and destroyed.  Look at all the stores that closed unnecessarily.  Look at all the flights that were canceled unnecessarily. 

Now, the weather guy is apologizing and blaming his models.  The same people that tell us their models 50 to a hundred years out on climate change can be trusted.  Anyway, I mean, I could, I could sit here and do a giant See, I Told You So, predicted this yesterday, and I know what you're gonna retort: "Hey, Rush, they didn't miss it. They just missed where. Boston, New England are getting pounded."  That's all true.  That's all true, but, folks, 24 hours out they are forecasting that this is gonna be massive and they still miss it in the nation's number one city. So just hang on for that.  I mean, this is such a teachable moment.

It is such a teachable moment about government, the relationship that citizens have to and with government. It's a lesson about how liberals do things and why, and why there will not be an apology from them.  de Blasio is saying, "Hey, better safe than sorry."  They can never make a mistake. They never screw up. It's everybody else that screws up and has to apologize.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By no means is it the first time they've blown the severity of either a hurricane forecast or a thunderstorm forecast, now a winter storm forecast.  I knew when they started naming these winter storms it was all over.  And, you know, I've often said that when you talk about either the event or the movie Selma, you can't just say Selma.  You have to say "Seeelma."  You have to put in a tinge of sadness.  It's getting to the point where you have to talk about Katrina that way.  "Kaaatrina."  'Cause it was such an utterly devastating and disastrous thing for some people.

But there's so much involved here, the relationship of citizens to their government. You know, there's three kinds of people.  There are wolves, and they prey on you.  There are sheep, they allow themselves to be preyed on.  They think the wolf's the greatest guy in the world as long as the wolf leaves 'em alone.  Then there's the sheepdog, and the sheepdog keeps the wolf away from the sheep.  The sheepdog can oftentimes end up being hated and despised by the sheep, because the sheepdog is asking the sheep to get with it and understand the threat posed by the wolf.

Most of the sheep say, "Screw you, sheepdog, leave me the hell alone.  Go bug somebody else."  Well, a sniper is a sheepdog, for example.  I am a sheepdog.  The people that buy into all this stupid disaster crisis forecast from government and think government's part of the community, they're sheep.  Government's the wolf.  It's not part of the community, if you want to look at it that way.  Somebody, I can't remember who had that analogy, but I liked it.  I ran across it yesterday.  If I think who it was I will, of course, properly credit them.

It's not mine, but it's really a good analogy, 'cause everybody understands sheep, everybody understands wolves, everybody understands sheepdogs.  The sheepdog even looks like a sheep, to fool the wolf.  I know; I've got three of 'em.  And boy, you had better be on their good side, I am telling you.  (laughing)

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Yeah, it was the father in American Sniper who had the "wolves, sheep, and sheepdogs" analogy, and it's right on.  It is an excellent, excellent analogy.  Okay.  It's not the first time this has happened.  That's why I reserved yesterday the right to believe that this snowstorm was not gonna be anywhere near what they were saying it was gonna be in New York City, because it's happened before.  In fact, almost every major storm in recent years, be it a hurricane or a thunderstorm or a winter storm -- they're all oversold.  They are all over-predicted.

And they're over-predicted from the standpoint of crisis.  They are over-predicted by people... The underwriting, the umbrella thing here that everything falls underneath, liberalism has corrupted.  People who are liberals are now at the National Weather Service, and they can't separate their liberalism from the job.  So they're nannies, and they think most people are incompetent, unable to take care of themselves. Not competent, capable to make reasonable, correct judgments when they hear information.  So they have to be babied; they have to be steered and so forth.

Liberals also love crisis.  They love crisis and chaos.  Crisis and chaos afford liberals yet another opportunity to exert control over people, over the sheep.  Crisis and chaos are made to order.  You'll note that nary a storm goes by that isn't predicted, and isn't also related to man-made global warming.  You've got people out there saying that this major ice and snowstorm has been brought about by global warming, and they apparently have no irony whatsoever that they're blaming global warming for massive winter storms.

We got more snow, we got more winter storms happening in this country -- the years are not getting warmer -- and yet they continue to hit everybody with global warming!  You might say, "Why do so many people buy into it, Rush?  Why do so many believe it?" Because there are a lot of sheep.  Government has had an amazing transformation in our lives.  Government's now part of the community.  It's perceived to be part of the community, and it's not.  Government never can be.  It just isn't part of the community.  But it's seen that way.

Government is seen as the referee. Government's seen as the place where you go to get fairness.  Government's seen as the place where you go to get protected.  Government's seen as the place you go to get food or whatever.  Even though if that's what you're depending on, I guarantee your life is shrouded in misery.  It's just one of these quirks of human nature.  So you have this massive forecast, and it can't just be a big snowstorm.  It's got to be "historic."

Before the first flake falls, it's gonna be historic.  You have a dangerously Looney Toon, liberal mayor who literally made it sound as though a number of people may not survive this. "It's going to be that bad! Get off the streets by nine o'clock!" So the streets were slow down.  Airlines canceled flights. Hotels canceled room service. Some hotels closed down. Businesses shut down.

And there are the Drive-Bys standing in Times Square ten o'clock last night, an hour after curfew, and you can't even see any snow falling.  And there go the snowplows plowing concrete, plowing asphalt.  I'm watching this last night, and I'm just shaking my head.  And the reporters, they're doing their jobs. They're waiting for this massive snowfall. "It's been forecast. The government says so! It must be coming." But it never came, not in the city.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Rush: Snowstorm Snowjob Is a Teachable Moment
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 09:09:13 pm »

Now, the weather guy is apologizing and blaming his models.  The same people that tell us their models 50 to a hundred years out on climate change can be trusted.

Money quote...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan