Author Topic: Boehner rips right for raising money by 'just beating the dickens out of me'  (Read 937 times)

Offline Carling

:eatdrink:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/230597-boehner-tea-party-raises-money-by-just-beating-the-dickens-out-of-me

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is blaming conservative groups in Washington for turning him into a human pinata to raise money.

In an interview to air on Sunday's "60 Minutes" on CBS, Boehner said he doesn't disagree that much with conservatives on policy, but that the groups beat “the dickens out of me” in order to line their own pockets.

"The issue with the Tea Party isn't one of strategy. It's not one of different vision,” Boehner said, according to excerpts released by CBS.

"It's a disagreement over tactics, from time to time. Frankly, a lot is being driven by national groups here in Washington who have raised money and just beating the dickens out of me," Boehner said in the joint interview with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

“It works. They raise money, put it in their pocket, and pay themselves big salaries,” Boehner added.

Boehner has faced his share of rebellions from conservative members. This year, he had to contend with a brief attempt to oust him as Speaker. Members in the right wing of the party frequently say he is too lenient on the Obama administration. In the CBS interview, Boehner said his "voting record is as conservative as anybody here."

In recent days, conservative lawmakers have criticized House leadership because they believe Boehner and others have backed down from confronting the administration over the president’s executive order on immigration.

Boehner has hit at conservative groups before, criticizing the Heritage Foundation and Club for Growth in 2013 after they opposed a bipartisan budget deal from Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.).

"Frankly, I just think they've lost all credibility," he said at the time. "I don't care what they do."

This story was updated at 5:30 p.m.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:28:15 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Thanks for posting this.  Boehner is right, and I think the GOP is lucky to have him as Speaker.

Offline GourmetDan

Well John 'ol boy...  people vote with their wallet and if they're raising that much money 'just beating the dickens out of you', then you might want to take a second-look in the mirror to see who is losing credibility...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

Well John 'ol boy...  people vote with their wallet and if they're raising that much money 'just beating the dickens out of you', then you might want to take a second-look in the mirror to see who is losing credibility...

Do you disagree that DC "tea party" groups are raising funds chasing Boehner's tail?  I find it a brilliant PAC strategy.  What I don't find funny is fooling good people on the right out of their money by promising them things that make no impact at all in DC. 

Offline GourmetDan

What I don't find funny is fooling good people on the right out of their money by promising them things that make no impact at all in DC.

Again with the "rules for thee but not for me"...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

Again with the "rules for thee but not for me"...

What the heck are you saying?  That's it's OK for money-grubbers on the right to prey on donors because the left does it as well?

Offline GourmetDan

What the heck are you saying?  That's it's OK for money-grubbers on the right to prey on donors because the left does it as well?

Where did I ever say that?