Author Topic: Marsha Blackburn: Liberals Scared of Conservative Women  (Read 456 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Marsha Blackburn: Liberals Scared of Conservative Women
« on: January 22, 2015, 11:29:36 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=620147

Newsmax
Marsha Blackburn: Liberals Scared of Conservative Women
Thursday, January 22, 2015 04:15 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

Rep. Marsha Blackburn, one of the GOP's most powerful female lawmakers, says liberals are trembling at the meteoric rise of conservative women in government.

"Liberals are very much afraid of conservative women and here's the reason why — more people agree with us. They want the government to have less control over their lives," Blackburn, a Tennessee Republican, said Thursday on "The Steve Malzberg Show" on

"The No. 1 issue with women in this country is jobs and the No. 2 issue is our national security. So economic security, national security and retirement security.

"They agree with us on these issues and they are very much afraid … the American people agree and they don't want us to have any exposure unless it is going to be a negative."

Blackburn, vice chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, is bristling in the wake of criticism of Iowa's rising GOP star, Sen. Joni Ernst, after her response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.

"It's just so disappointing to me and Joni is great and I thought she did a fantastic job," Blackburn said.

"She did such a good job that they're going to try to pick it apart and you just come to expect this from them because they think the number one issue with women should be reproductive rights.

"They don't want to represent the other areas that women are concerned about — jobs and wages and the future for their children and retirement security and access to healthcare."

Blackburn said the GOP had compromised on a few issues with Obama, but added the commander-in-chief's State of the Union address shows he still plans to fight the new Republican-controlled Congress.

"Unfortunately, there were a few things that we did agree on, we all support the troops, we would like to do something to secure privacy on the Internet," she said.

"But I've got to tell you, when we come to these policy issues … free college, expanded Obamacare, things of this nature, people don't want it. They don't want more cap and trade and energy costs going back up. They don't want additional taxes on gas and transportation fuels.

"So what we're hearing from people as they listened to that speech the other night and pretty much said, 'Tou've got to be kidding me. Where does he think he's going to get the money?'"
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34