Author Topic: Pelosi slams Netanyahu invite  (Read 566 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi slams Netanyahu invite
« on: January 22, 2015, 05:43:08 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/230393-pelosi-slams-netanyahu-invite

Pelosi slams Netanyahu invite
By Mike Lillis - 01/22/15 11:19 AM EST
Speaker John Boehner's (R-Ohio) surprise invitation to have Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu address Congress was "inappropriate," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi charged Thursday

The California Democrat said that, not only did Boehner break congressional protocol by not consulting with Democratic leaders about the invitation, but the timing of the speech — coming just a few weeks ahead of Israel's contentious national elections — hints that politics are at play.

"It's out of the ordinary that the Speaker would decide that he would be inviting people to a joint session without any bipartisan consultation," Pelosi said Thursday during her weekly press briefing in the Capitol.
"And there are concerns about the fact that this … presentation will take place within two weeks of the election in Israel," she added. "I don't think that's appropriate for any country, that the head of state would come here within two weeks of his own election in his own country."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Pelosi slams Netanyahu invite
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 05:53:42 pm »
I don't understand why the left is upset by this? I know it is Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and they hate jews, but why is it against protocol for Bohner to invite him?