Author Topic: LibRag Writer Admits To Never Seeing “American Sniper,” Writes Film Review Anyway  (Read 609 times)

rangerrebew

LibRag Writer Admits To Never Seeing “American Sniper,” Writes Film Review Anyway

By Robert Gehl, January 19, 2015.

Dennis Jett is an accomplished diplomat and university professor.

As a film critic, not so much.

The Penn State Professor recently wrote a film review of “American Sniper.” He compares the film with Chris Kyle’s autobiography of the same name, drawing conclusions about the Iraq War and other important foreign policy issues.

One problem: Jett hasn’t actually seen the movie.

Yup. The esteemed professor and former ambassador engages in a “compare and contrast” film review for a movie he didn’t see. And he admits it:

I have not seen American Sniper. But if the trailer is any indication …

I’m going to stop there because that’s where EVERYBODY SHOULD STOP READING.

I have to admit … other than that line, I haven’t read Jett’s review of “American Sniper” in the New Republic, but based on the reviews of his review, it’s just awful.

And I don’t know his family, but they’re homely and slow-witted.

This is fun!

Perhaps the good professor will claim “This isn’t a film review! I don’t actually analyze or compare the film at all!” But that’s not what you claim on your bio page at Penn State, Dr. Jett:

The link to the movie review reads: “In the New Republic … Professor Compares The Movie American Sniper To The Autobiography.”

He’s lying to you. The article lies to you.

I haven’t read any of Dr. Jett’s books, but if the covers are any indication, they suck.

My nine-year-old son was recently given a “compare and contrast” writing assignment. I’m going to mail that to Dennis Jett, so he understands how the concept works.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/librag-writer-admits-to-never-seeing-american-sniper-writes-film-review-anyway/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:46:03 am by rangerrebew »

Offline PzLdr

Why would the idiot see the movie and possibly be distracted from his conclusions?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee