Author Topic: Obama Reminds GOP During State of the Union: 'I Won Both' Elections  (Read 633 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=619708

Newsmax
Obama Reminds GOP During State of the Union: 'I Won Both' Elections
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:16 PM

President Barack Obama reminded the State of the Union audience that his political campaigning days are over — and just in case Republicans had forgotten, he won both races for president.

Addressing Democratic and Republican lawmakers, Obama pleaded for both parties to put aside partisanship and work together. He told the crowd he has no more campaigns to run, prompting applause and laughter from Republicans.

Obama quipped, "I know because I won both of 'em." That elicited loud applause from Democrats and another round of laughter.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Obama Reminds GOP During State of the Union: 'I Won Both' Elections
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 02:39:10 pm »
Obama needs to be reminded that every member of Congress he was addressing has likewise won their elections and that each and everyone of them are his equals, not his leaders.

In fact, and as supported by The Federalist Papers, many Founders believed in the Supremacy of the Legislature over the three branches of government.   
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Obama Reminds GOP During State of the Union: 'I Won Both' Elections
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:25:04 pm »
Obama needs to be reminded that every member of Congress he was addressing has likewise won their elections and that each and everyone of them are his equals, not his leaders.

In fact, and as supported by The Federalist Papers, many Founders believed in the Supremacy of the Legislature over the three branches of government.

Excellent points!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!