Author Topic: Kill Me Now: NBC News Just Launched NBCBLK  (Read 474 times)

rangerrebew

Kill Me Now: NBC News Just Launched NBCBLK
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:51:17 pm »
Kill Me Now: NBC News Just Launched NBCBLK

By V. Saxena, January 20, 2015.

Last week, NBC News decided to single-handedly set race relations back a few decades by launching NBCBLK, a news website that features black people news to the exclusion of everybody else on Earth.

Here’s the website.

Here’s the Facebook page.

Here’s the Twitter account.

According to the Facebook page description, this brand-spanking new website is dedicated to “elevating America’s conversation about black identity, politics & culture today.” What better way to do that than by segregating blacks away from everybody else, right?

The response on Twitter has been mainly negative thus far:

DavidianVision: “THIS IS DESPICABLE AND RACIST! I WANT MY #NBCWHT!!!! #NBCBLK”

elonjames: “When mainstream spaces create sections like #NBCBLK it feels like a smack in the face. You could just report our stories…regularly.”

AnnMarieMannino: “I am so confused about #nbcblk @nbc Am I allowed to watch? So black ppl can’t watch regular NBC anymore? Is NBC now nbcwht?”

devancole1: “#NBCBLK just seems counterproductive.If the issues were that imprt to NBC they’d put them on their main page where they’d receive more attn.”

ItsMeAshaBee: “What the hell is #NBCBLK? Is this a real NBC page? Im leaving the internet”

shamanashtart: “#NBCBLK would be an AMAZING resource…. If it was owned and operated by Black ppl independently. Food from massa’s table is still that.”

Here’s my question: How long will it take NBC to also launch NBCWhite, NBCLatino, NBCDesi, etc? Or are those races not deserving enough of their own NBC website, huh?

Anyway. Please share your thoughts about NBCBLK in the comments box!

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/nbc-news-just-launched-nbcblk/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:53:01 pm by rangerrebew »