Author Topic: Pelosi: Hillary will win White House  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Hillary will win White House
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:29:51 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/230076-pelosi-clinton-will-be-nominee-and-win-white-house

January 20, 2015, 03:01 pm
Pelosi: Hillary will win White House
By Peter Sullivan

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) predicted that Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee in 2016 and that she will win the presidency.

Appearing on MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports," Pelosi was asked if Clinton will be the nominee and if she can win the election.
"Yes, yes," Pelosi responded.

Pelosi was then asked about Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), the choice of some liberals, and concerns that Clinton is too close to Wall Street.

"Well, your question was do I believe she's the presumed nominee and will she win if she runs," Pelosi said. "If the secretary runs, I believe that she will win and she will be one of the best prepared people to enter the White House in a long time in terms of her experience and her knowledge. That doesn't mean that the party is devoid of other voices."

Pelosi was on the same side as Warren and broke with the White House last month over a spending bill that rolled back part of Wall Street reform and made campaign finance changes.

"The debate as to where the party comes down on certain issues is certainly a lively one," Pelosi said. "And I've had my own disagreements even with the White House on some of the proposals that have come forth. But that's why we're the Democratic party. We love each other. Let other versions exist."

Obama advisers such as John Podesta and pollster Joel Benenson are expected to take on roles in the Clinton campaign. Mitchell asked Pelosi if Obama staff moves to Clinton showed the White House is behind Clinton.

"This means that those particular people have now decided to move onto the next election," Pelosi said. "I think the vice president is a name that has been out there. He's part of the Obama administration. I think it's an individual thing."

"The most talented [people] are those who have most recently won the White House," Pelosi later added. "So it is a natural coming together."

Asked about a Republican nominee, Pelosi said "If I thought somebody would be the toughest, I wouldn't tell you. But I don't know who that is anyway."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pelosi: Hillary will win White House
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 09:23:13 pm »
Pelosi.....back around September, 2014:

"The Democrats will retain the Senate and gain seats in the House".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald