Author Topic: Politico: Tea Party, Down But Not Out, Plans 2016 Comeback  (Read 18886 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Politico: Tea Party, Down But Not Out, Plans 2016 Comeback
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2015, 02:59:29 pm »
Calling me a liar is offensive and I find it really ugly.  I am chastised for calling those that have voted with and sided with Democrats RINO's yet I am blatantly called a liar!  The data and research that I did clearly showed AT THE TIME, McCain to be the more conservative of the two.  I am entitled to my opinion period. Again, some of the issues that he has sided with the Democrats on, never came to cloture because even the GOPe didn't side with him. 

I understand that you are anti-TEA, that is very obvious.  Your tactics of belittlement and name-calling is how those on the left operate. I am one that has never voted for McCain just for the sake of voting along party lines.  I vote with my conscious. I also stand by my opinion that McCain would have destroyed this country as Obama has only at a slower pace.

Go ahead...name call and belittle me all you want. At the end of the day I have a clear conscious and know that I haven't supported the overwhelming corruption in Washington.  Carry on.

musiclady is a strong TEA Party person.

You all should consider wearing landyards or maybe a secret handshake or something.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2015, 04:23:26 pm »
Calling me a liar is offensive and I find it really ugly.  I am chastised for calling those that have voted with and sided with Democrats RINO's yet I am blatantly called a liar!  The data and research that I did clearly showed AT THE TIME, McCain to be the more conservative of the two.  I am entitled to my opinion period. Again, some of the issues that he has sided with the Democrats on, never came to cloture because even the GOPe didn't side with him. 

I understand that you are anti-TEA, that is very obvious.  Your tactics of belittlement and name-calling is how those on the left operate. I am one that has never voted for McCain just for the sake of voting along party lines.  I vote with my conscious. I also stand by my opinion that McCain would have destroyed this country as Obama has only at a slower pace.

Go ahead...name call and belittle me all you want. At the end of the day I have a clear conscious and know that I haven't supported the overwhelming corruption in Washington.  Carry on.

#1 - I've been on this thread arguing IN FAVOR of the Tea Party.  (scroll back and read, please)
##2 - I did NOT call you a liar.  Your sources are obviously, however, not giving you the truth, and if we are to argue the integrity of political discussions, it's important that we deal with TRUTH, and nothing else.
#3 -  Perhaps you should calm down before you post, and think about what you really want to say.

We each need to make our own choices based on our convictions and what we believe to be best for the country.  In 2004, though I didn't like McCain at all, and thought he was a poor candidate because he was always schmoozing with the media and seeming to try to get attention, and he supported several issues I oppose, and vice-versa, I made probably a thousand calls for him because I had done my homework about Obama and knew what a disaster he would be for the country.

My vote for McCain was made from my conscience and my love for America.  I understand that other people made other choices, but it is still my opinion that anyone who didn't vote for McCain helped elect Obama.

I have been part of the Tea Party from early 2009, and support its principles.  I am a Conservative Republican and have always, ALWAYS been more conservative than most of my party, but understand the basics of politics, and understand that third party votes are more than useless.  They are, IMO, in support of the enemy.

And please............ go back and read my posts, take a look at my avatar, and rethink your explosion here.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2015, 04:26:00 pm »
musiclady is a strong TEA Party person.

You all should consider wearing landyards or maybe a secret handshake or something.

Or maybe just consider thinking before blowing up......

People from all parts of the spectrum of politics can be unreasonable, Luis.   Those of us who are conservative don't have the corner on that market.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2015, 04:43:57 pm »
#1 - I've been on this thread arguing IN FAVOR of the Tea Party.  (scroll back and read, please)
##2 - I did NOT call you a liar.  Your sources are obviously, however, not giving you the truth, and if we are to argue the integrity of political discussions, it's important that we deal with TRUTH, and nothing else.
#3 -  Perhaps you should calm down before you post, and think about what you really want to say.

We each need to make our own choices based on our convictions and what we believe to be best for the country.  In 2004, though I didn't like McCain at all, and thought he was a poor candidate because he was always schmoozing with the media and seeming to try to get attention, and he supported several issues I oppose, and vice-versa, I made probably a thousand calls for him because I had done my homework about Obama and knew what a disaster he would be for the country.

My vote for McCain was made from my conscience and my love for America.  I understand that other people made other choices, but it is still my opinion that anyone who didn't vote for McCain helped elect Obama.

I have been part of the Tea Party from early 2009, and support its principles.  I am a Conservative Republican and have always, ALWAYS been more conservative than most of my party, but understand the basics of politics, and understand that third party votes are more than useless.  They are, IMO, in support of the enemy.

And please............ go back and read my posts, take a look at my avatar, and rethink your explosion here.

Good post.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2015, 04:50:22 pm »
Quite a few of them actually.

https://www.gop.com/platform

Quite a few maybe. Most absolutely not!

The TEA party, at least as far as the ones I have knowledge of, wish to correct that!

When G W Bush signed a piece of legislation while saying that he believed parts of it to be unconstitutional he violated his oath of office! When ANY Congressman or Senator votes for ANYTHING he believes to be unconstitutional he does the same! We would like to stop that as well and if we are successful in that the SCOTUS will become a LOT less busy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2015, 04:57:39 pm »
However, the same can't be said about a Bush or Romney nomination.

BS! If the choice becomes between ANY republican and Hillary Clinton I will vote for the Republican EVERY SINGLE TIME!

I will also do everything in my power to prevent the choice from becoming between a McCain, or Romney, or Bush vs Hillary ever again!

I am SICK of being forced to vote for the lesser of two evils instead of FOR someone I can actually believe in and identify with!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:58:13 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2015, 05:01:03 pm »
In my lifetime, there has never been a single instance of a Democratic candidate for the Presidency being a better choice than the Republican candidate.

Never.

Not Bush I vs Clinton, not McCain vs Obama, not Romney vs Obama 2.

There have been instances where the GOP candidate wasn't my first choice to win the candidacy, but once selected, that candidate became my primary Presidential choice.

People who didn't vote for the GOP ticket these past two cycles, whether it was because they thought McCain was a RINO or because Romney was a Mormon, are every bit as responsible for the disasters that Obama has wrought down on the nation and the world as Obama and those who voted for him are.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:03:30 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2015, 05:12:34 pm »
In my lifetime, there has never been a single instance of a Democratic candidate for the Presidency being a better choice than the Republican candidate.

Never.

Not Bush I vs Clinton, not McCain vs Obama, not Romney vs Obama.

There have been instances where the GOP candidate wasn't my first choice to win the candidacy, but once selected, that candidate became my primary Presidential choice.

People who didn't vote for the GOP cycle these past two cycles, whether it was because they thought McCain was a RINO or because Romney was a Mormon, are every bit as responsible for the disasters that Obama has wrought down on the nation and the world as Obama and those who voted for him.

I can find not a single word in that with which to argue and I have NEVER said anything counter to it!  What I HAVE said, and will continue to say is that the primaries are the place in which the wheat is to be winnowed so to speak and I am going to do my fair share of winnowing in that process!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:13:33 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2015, 05:32:28 pm »
Or maybe just consider thinking before blowing up......

People from all parts of the spectrum of politics can be unreasonable, Luis.   Those of us who are conservative don't have the corner on that market.

and sometimes people from different parts of the spectrum of politics can be very reasonable...people like you musiclady. :beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2015, 05:41:20 pm »
and sometimes people from different parts of the spectrum of politics can be very reasonable...people like you musiclady. :beer:

Oh, so you're saying I'm not reasonable? Well-l-l-l, I never.  :green teeth:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2015, 05:53:31 pm »
Quite a few maybe. Most absolutely not!

The TEA party, at least as far as the ones I have knowledge of, wish to correct that!

When G W Bush signed a piece of legislation while saying that he believed parts of it to be unconstitutional he violated his oath of office! When ANY Congressman or Senator votes for ANYTHING he believes to be unconstitutional he does the same! We would like to stop that as well and if we are successful in that the SCOTUS will become a LOT less busy!

Specifically, which GOP politicians are not adhering to which specific parts of the platform?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2015, 05:54:58 pm »
BS! If the choice becomes between ANY republican and Hillary Clinton I will vote for the Republican EVERY SINGLE TIME!

I will also do everything in my power to prevent the choice from becoming between a McCain, or Romney, or Bush vs Hillary ever again!

I am SICK of being forced to vote for the lesser of two evils instead of FOR someone I can actually believe in and identify with!

Many, many people (some in this forum) have already announced that a Bush or Romney nomination will not get their vote.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2015, 05:55:19 pm »
Specifically, which GOP politicians are not adhering to which specific parts of the platform?

Not going to play that game with you Luis! Sorry!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2015, 05:55:26 pm »

Never.

Not Bush I vs Clinton, not McCain vs Obama, not Romney vs Obama 2.

People who didn't vote for the GOP ticket these past two cycles, whether it was because they thought McCain was a RINO or because Romney was a Mormon, are every bit as responsible for the disasters that Obama has wrought down on the nation and the world as Obama and those who voted for him are.

I remember people thinking Jimmy Carter was more conservative than Gerald Ford because Ford was a Northern establishment Republican whereas Carter was a Southern Baptist Democrat.  Boy, did that turn out to be wrong.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2015, 05:57:05 pm »

Why THANK you!   :beer:

(I do try!)

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2015, 05:57:47 pm »
I remember people thinking Jimmy Carter was more conservative than Gerald Ford because Ford was a Northern establishment Republican whereas Carter was a Southern Baptist Democrat.  Boy, did that turn out to be wrong.

:amen: to that!

The fact is that all that is going on currently with regard to ISLAMIC terrorism can be traced directly back to Jimmah CAAAATA!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2015, 05:59:36 pm »

I..... young and foolish at the time....... came within a hair's breadth of voting for Jimmy Carter because of that perception.

I've thanked the good Lord many, many times that when I actually got inside that voting booth, I made the choice to vote for Ford.

I'd have been kicking myself for nearly 40 years if I hadn't!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2015, 06:00:48 pm »
Many, many people (some in this forum) have already announced that a Bush or Romney nomination will not get their vote.

I'm not one of them but between now and then I will certainly do ALL that I can to avoid having to vote for either one in the general election.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2015, 06:01:19 pm »
Good post.

I'm looking up in the sky and don't see any pigs flying, but I'm sure they're there somewhere!   :dx1:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2015, 06:09:34 pm »
Good grief.  Not so cut and dry.  First of all, From Jan 1987 to Jan 2015, McCain missed 969 of 9,393 roll call votes, which is 10.3%. This is worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving.  Remember he ran against Bush back in 2000 and Obama in 2008 --- his stance on many issues in that time frame wavered to "suit" his campaign rhetoric -- I don't still have the data that I collected back then still lying around.  If you want to jump down my throat over this ... whatever.... glad I could keep you busy. At any rate there are several websites that have gathered some of McCain's voting records on issues and he is now considered a Libertarian Republican.

To say that McCain doesn't vote or side with Democrats is quite ridiculous.  Ever hear of the McCain-Feingold Act??  Another example; McCain went up against big tobacco and proposed legislation that would increase cigarette taxes in order to fund anti-smoking campaigns to help keep kids from smoking etc., and would give states money for smoking-related health care costs; this was largely supported by yep, you guessed it the Clinton administration.  He also worked with Teddy Kennedy on the issue of illegal immigration which included a guest worker program and a pathway to citizenship.  Several "issues" that he worked together with the Democrats luckily never passed as they were rejected by Republicans.  These few issues that I have briefly stated and others is why many Republicans voters refused to vote for him when he ran both against Bush and Obama.

Sorry, but I am not the only one that considers McCain a RINO; otherwise he would be sitting in the oval office.  I was quite amazed when Romney decided to stand down (in the best interest of the Republican party) and allow McCain to run against Obama.  It didn't seem to me that Romney's defeat was all that apparent when he made that decision to step down; that was a huge mistake on his part and not only did it cost the GOP that election but we as a country got Obama.

http://therightscoop.com/john-mccain-praises-how-democrats-passed-obamacare-says-elections-have-consequences/

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/080113-666081-john-mccain-republican-in-name-only.htm

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread148753/pg1

A Libertarian Republican is a bad thing?

Libertarians support minimalist government, more freedom and fiscal responsibility both personal and governmental.

Perhaps stressing the commonalities is a better way to judge a politician's performance than judging them on the differences.

Sorry, but I am not the only one that considers McCain a RINO; otherwise he would be sitting in the oval office.

Do you even begin to understand just how much wrong there is in that statement?

The true RINO is that Republican who once the Party's nominee has been elected by the Party's membership does not cast a vote for that nominee in the general election because his or her "guy" isn't the nominee.

Most everyone in this forum has stated that they will vote for the GOP nominee irrespective of who that is, I'd vote for Palin if she won the nomination and I don't think she'd make a good President at all,  but there are some here who have openly stated that they won't vote for this guy or that guy if nominated. That's their right, but that makes them RINOs.

McCain/Palin was a horrendous ticket, but it was a far better option than Obama/Biden, and anyone who didn't see that is a fool.

Romney/Ryan was a better ticket than Obama/Biden2, and anyone who didn't see that is a fool.

McCain/Palin would be a better option than Clinton/Anyone, and anyone who doesn't see that is equally a fool.

And any GOP ticket will be better than Hillary and Bill Clinton running the WH and the nation again.

Anyone who doesn't see that is a fool.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2015, 06:11:49 pm »
Not going to play that game with you Luis! Sorry!

It's not a game Bigun.

Many, many people have never even seen the GOP platform, so they believe that there are things in there which simple aren't.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2015, 06:31:12 pm »
I can find not a single word in that with which to argue and I have NEVER said anything counter to it!  What I HAVE said, and will continue to say is that the primaries are the place in which the wheat is to be winnowed so to speak and I am going to do my fair share of winnowing in that process!

And frankly Bigun, if the TEA party wants to be effective THAT is where they need to focus, getting good conservatives as the nominee. They will get the most bang for the buck and resources if they focus there.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2015, 06:31:51 pm »
It's not a game Bigun.

Many, many people have never even seen the GOP platform, so they believe that there are things in there which simple aren't.

I'm not one of those either Luis! Matter of fact I'm one of those who helped write the thing!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »
And frankly Bigun, if the TEA party wants to be effective THAT is where they need to focus, getting good conservatives as the nominee. They will get the most bang for the buck and resources if they focus there.

Well sir I am unaware of any TEA party organization who's focus is anything other than that!

I will freely admit to having knowledge of only those who operate here in Texas so if you are speaking about any other than those I wouldn't know about them.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2015, 06:38:37 pm »
Well sir I am unaware of any TEA party organization who's focus is anything other than that!

I will freely admit to having knowledge of only those who operate here in Texas so if you are speaking about any other than those I wouldn't know about them.

I wish they were that focused and organized here in Iowa. Still very naive about winning elections and the political cycle. The Liberty and SoCon groups are far more organized here.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:42:00 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.