Author Topic: Le Pen presses France to condemn 'Islamists'  (Read 11417 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Le Pen presses France to condemn 'Islamists'
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2015, 01:41:33 am »
I need to ask you, truth_seeker............... did you intend to slur and insult me by calling me a 'fundamentalist,' or did you just think it was an observation of what you thought I believed?

I think we're in the same territory here.

I had no intention of 'slurring' you with my observation, and I don't think you were intending to slur me.

(Maybe I'm wrong about that.  Please correct me if you intended to slam me by calling me a name.  My guess is that you didn't any more than I did.  And I didn't).

I'd like to clear up this misunderstanding and move on, if you are willing.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2015, 08:31:31 am »
I need to ask you, truth_seeker............... did you intend to slur and insult me by calling me a 'fundamentalist,' or did you just think it was an observation of what you thought I believed?

I think we're in the same territory here.

I had no intention of 'slurring' you with my observation, and I don't think you were intending to slur me.

(Maybe I'm wrong about that.  Please correct me if you intended to slam me by calling me a name.  My guess is that you didn't any more than I did.  And I didn't).

I'd like to clear up this misunderstanding and move on, if you are willing.....
I didn't call you anything.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2015, 03:29:14 pm »
I didn't call you anything.

OK.  If you say so.  (Looks like I was included in the slur, but maybe I misunderstood your point).

At any rate, I didn't call you anything negative.  No slur.

Fair?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:50:12 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.