Author Topic: Supreme Court to Decide Whether Same-Sex Couples Nationwide Can Marry  (Read 2118 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=619112

Newsmax
Supreme Court to Decide Whether Same-Sex Couples Nationwide Can Marry
Friday, January 16, 2015 03:44 PM

The Supreme Court has agreed to decide whether the U.S. Constitution guarantees all Americans the right to enter into same-sex marriages.

The decision has the potential to legalize gay marriage in all 50 states or to roll the practice back by overturning a series of federal court rulings that have dramatically expanded the availability of same-sex unions in the past year and a half.

Arguments are likely in late April. A decision should come before the high court’s current term ends in June.

In 2013, the justices ruled that the U.S. Government had to recognize same-sex marriages performed in states, but the court left open the question of whether states were required to permit such unions.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Supreme Court to Decide Whether Same-Sex Couples Nationwide Can Marry
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:11:12 pm »
The Supreme Court has agreed to decide whether the U.S. Constitution guarantees all Americans the right to enter into same-sex marriages.

If they can find a right to murder the unborn, they'll surely find a right to sodomy...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:30:16 pm »
If they can find a right to murder the unborn, they'll surely find a right to sodomy...
They already found that 12 years ago.

Traditional marriage, at this point, is probably dead in the water. The false equivalence of homosexuality and heterosexuality is now accepted, prima facie, by the majority of the court and the American people.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:35:27 pm »
It would be a political disaster for the GOP, even if the Court decides in favor 5-4.....let alone a decision against 5-4.

Either way, media and society will once again show how Conservatives are the 'enemy.

Therefore, even though my personal POV says marriage is between a man and woman, I hope at this stage, we just get a unanimous decision in favor and then let's get on with life.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 09:58:23 pm »
I don't know why they are going through this legal charade.  They are going to find that states don't have rights to make individual decisions and provide another nail in the freedom coffin. 8888crybaby

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:43:42 pm »
Traditional marriage, at this point, is probably dead in the water. The false equivalence of homosexuality and heterosexuality is now accepted, prima facie, by the majority of the court and the American people.
That's the sad truth of it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 11:37:08 pm »
I don't know why they are going through this legal charade. 

So we'll have more "settled law". 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 12:35:00 am »
The Court does take into account, current social norms and trends when making their decision on cases.

Honestly.....I read it on the internet.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 02:50:09 am »
The majority of states need to start passing laws now to protect churches and businesses from being sued for refusing to honor the perverts.  Most states have never voted for the homosexual agenda, it has been forced on them by rouge judges.  Within days of their ruling, and we all know what it will be, with Kennedy writing the majority opinion, the homofacists will begin going after every church and Christan owned business they can.

The Supreme Court was truly hoping to avoid this by having all the appellate courts do their dirty work for them.  They would rather not have another Roe v. Wade on their hands, and they know that this is exactly what it will be.  I bet they just about blew a fuse when the 6th Circuit didn't do what they were expected to do.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 02:56:18 am »
It should be a very interesting opinion, either way.  I have a feeling that it will be a 5-4 decision, whichever way it goes.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 02:57:58 am »
The majority of states need to start passing laws now to protect churches and businesses from being sued for refusing to honor the perverts.  Most states have never voted for the homosexual agenda, it has been forced on them by rouge judges.  Within days of their ruling, and we all know what it will be, with Kennedy writing the majority opinion, the homofacists will begin going after every church and Christan owned business they can.

The Supreme Court was truly hoping to avoid this by having all the appellate courts do their dirty work for them.  They would rather not have another Roe v. Wade on their hands, and they know that this is exactly what it will be.  I bet they just about blew a fuse when the 6th Circuit didn't do what they were expected to do.

It's too late to get that done.  That's what conservatives/religious believers should have been doing years and years ago instead of adamantly refusing to concede even the slightest bit of recognition to gay couples.  The only real hope left is the very same Court some people here love to bash, and the first amendment.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 03:34:13 am »
Atomic Cow wrote above:
[[ The majority of states need to start passing laws now to protect churches and businesses from being sued for refusing to honor the perverts. ]]

This won't succeed, any more than the "Defense of Marriage Act" "succeeded".

The only way to establish such protection would be through a Constitutional Amendment that the courts can't touch.

Sooner or later, the left will use the courts to dismantle any state's attempt to shield churches, businesses, and -- finally -- individuals from the left. And, as you said above, from the perverts...

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 04:22:14 pm »

The only way to establish such protection would be through a Constitutional Amendment that the courts can't touch.

I don't think that's possible.

I'm thinking that's what the founders were trying to do with the 1st Amendment and that apparently isn't enough...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 04:45:46 pm »
I wonder how long after the supremes rule in favor of same sex marriage will the marriage to sister, brother, anything they want to marry will take? A year later?  2 years? You know it will happen. That group the man boy love group, I forget its full name will be ecstatic when they pass this.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 06:16:36 pm »
I wonder how long after the supremes rule in favor of same sex marriage will the marriage to sister, brother, anything they want to marry will take? A year later?  2 years? You know it will happen. That group the man boy love group, I forget its full name will be ecstatic when they pass this.

Anyone who thinks that this issue is the end of the amoral leftist agenda is both naïve and historically ignorant.

This is merely one more step in removing anything that's left of the moral foundation of our country.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 06:17:51 pm »
It's too late to get that done.  That's what conservatives/religious believers should have been doing years and years ago instead of adamantly refusing to concede even the slightest bit of recognition to gay couples.  The only real hope left is the very same Court some people here love to bash, and the first amendment.

It's interesting that whenever this issue comes up, you always take the opportunity to bash conservatives instead of looking at the real source of the problem.......... the left.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.