Author Topic: Obama’s America: Kerry Has James Taylor Sing to French Leaders to Make Up for US No-Show  (Read 2859 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/james-taylor-paris-john-kerry-114316.html?cmpid=sf

Video surfaced of the singer singing his hit “You’ve Got a Friend” to French officials. | Getty
James Taylor to Paris: ‘You’ve got a friend’

By KENDALL BREITMAN 1/16/15 9:03 AM EST Updated 1/16/15 9:22 AM EST
Secretary of State John Kerry is visiting Paris to remind the French that they’ve “got a friend” in an unexpected way — through a James Taylor performance.

Video surfaced on Friday of the singer singing his hit “You’ve Got a Friend” to French officials.

According to Bloomberg, Taylor is a longtime friend of Kerry’s and was in Paris promoting his European tour set to begin in Zurich, Switzerland, in March.

Taylor’s performance honors the 17 people killed during terrorist attacks on Paris last week.

President Barack Obama and his administration were criticized this week for not attending Paris’ unprecedented unity rally after the attacks. The White House later admitted that it “should have sent someone with a higher profile to the event.”

Kerry said that this visit was meant “to share a big hug with Paris ” — and, apparently, a song.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/james-taylor-paris-john-kerry-114316.html#ixzz3OzmRUAQX
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

I feel better already...      :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obamas-america-kerry-has-james-taylor-sing-to-french-leaders-to-make-up-for-us-no-show/

The United States’ missing appearance at the unity march in Paris was duly noted by the media. Secretary of State John Kerry finally made an appearance in France to “share a big hug.”

In a press conference to express his condolences to the French people and for not showing, Kerry brought a friend with him: James Taylor.

Taylor serenaded the crowd with an acoustic version of “You’ve Got a Friend.” Taylor performed the song as a tribute to the 17 victims of the terrorist attacks carried out last week.

Reporters present asked Kerry if his appearance in France was to make amends, Bloomberg reported:

“I don’t feel any other exigencies other than the continuation of our friendship and our responsibilities as good friends and the longest ally in our history,” he said. “That’s why I’m going.”

Offline flowers

What to say after reading that?

Offline flowers

It never fails........just when you think you have seen it all with these people, they do something else. This is proof the left is insane.

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It never fails........just when you think you have seen it all with these people, they do something else. This is proof the left is insane.

You read my mind, I was just going to say that when you think they can't embarrass you anymore - they can.

:thud:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

You read my mind, I was just going to say that when you think they can't embarrass you anymore - they can.

:thud:

A Kumbaya singalong would have been slightly more embarrassing.

At least "You've Got a Friend" is a good song.....     :smokin:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

So what happened here? Valjar and bammy get a phone call from kerry who says...."hey my neighbor in Nantucket is james taylor, I can get him to sing for us". they say "wow what a great idea" Or does valjar call kerry and tell him to get james taylor to sing because France is our best friend and that is what friends do for each other after having 15 people in our friends country murdered.

Offline GourmetDan

The left will engage in symbolism until all-out slaughter is the only remaining response.

It is a satanic movement that is only temporarily satiated by human death on a massive scale...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Millee

Offline musiclady

So what happened here? Valjar and bammy get a phone call from kerry who says...."hey my neighbor in Nantucket is james taylor, I can get him to sing for us". they say "wow what a great idea" Or does valjar call kerry and tell him to get james taylor to sing because France is our best friend and that is what friends do for each other after having 15 people in our friends country murdered.

Wouldn't you love to know how these idiots make decisions like this?

Singing "You've got a friend" as a response to brutal terrorism......

I agree with your question.  How did they GET there???  And who really thought this was effective diplomacy??

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Wonder what the rest of the world thinks about this stunt... :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Wonder what the rest of the world thinks about this stunt... :shrug:

They're laughing at us.

Again.   **nononono*

Offline aligncare

Come on, everybody! Join in!

"All we are saying is give peace a chance .... "

:grouphug:

Offline musiclady

Come on, everybody! Join in!

"All we are saying is give peace a chance .... "

:grouphug:

You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am, I'll come running.....

Oh.

Wait.

We DIDN'T come running, did we?

Offline aligncare

The Obama administration is sending all the WRONG messages.

He's done so much damage in just six years. I hope we can survive the next two.

You know sometimes, driving down the highway I spot a mottled old Volvo with a ponytailed aging hippie behind the wheel. And if he should have a 2012 Obama bumper sticker on the back, I pass by and give the one finger salute. Hey, I do what I can.

Offline GourmetDan

You know sometimes, driving down the highway I spot a mottled old Volvo with a ponytailed aging hippie behind the wheel. And if he should have a 2012 Obama bumper sticker on the back, I pass by and give the one finger salute. Hey, I do what I can.

Thank you for doing your part...     :silly:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am, I'll come running.....

Oh.

Wait.

We DIDN'T come running, did we?

We'll come running - if you give us more than 36 hours notice and it's not football playoffs!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

It's quite ironic they would use a musician for such a "tin-eared" response.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

Calling this an embarrassment is just too great an understatement. What a way to belittle the memory of every poor innocent soul slaughtered by Muslim terrorists. To paraphrase Her Heineyness Moochelle, for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really ashamed of my country.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You'd swear that they all got stoned around the table and were having a good time laughing....when somebody suddenly screams out "I GOT IT!!"

Let's send John Kerry with his deplorable French....and send James Taylor who could sing. "I'll Be There!"

I'll betcha it was early in the morning and after Obama picked himself off the floor where he fell in laughter, he ordered....DO IT!!

It was too late to withdraw the order.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald