Author Topic: Poll: Barack Obama approval rating ticks upward  (Read 768 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Barack Obama approval rating ticks upward
« on: January 15, 2015, 12:10:45 am »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/barack-obama-approval-ratings-poll-114258.html?hp=b1_r1

Poll: Barack Obama approval rating ticks upward

By Lucy McCalmont

1/14/15 3:21 PM EST

Updated 1/14/15 3:45 PM EST

President Barack Obama’s approval rating is on the rise as Americans’ views of the economy improve, a poll released Wednesday suggests.

Obama’s job approval rating has jumped 5 points, to 47 percent, since December, according to a new Pew Research Center survey, while his disapproval rating stayed high, at 48 percent. Last January, Obama’s approval rating in the poll was 43 percent, and his numbers lingered in the low 40s throughout most of 2014.

Americans’ improving views of the president come as their sentiments about the economy are also improving. For the first time in five years, more Americans said Obama’s economic policies have made things better rather than worse — 38 percent versus 28 percent. Thirty percent said his policies have had no effect.

(VIDEO: John McCain endorses his 'illegitimate son' Lindsey Graham for president)

Twenty-seven percent of Americans said economic conditions are excellent or good — up from 16 percent in January 2014. Nearly 50 percent said economic conditions are fair, and while 16 percent said the economy is recovering strongly, 66 percent agree there is an economic recovery, but “not so strongly.”

Obama’s 47 percent approval rating at the start of his seventh year puts him between former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, who saw 63 percent and 33 percent approval ratings, respectively, at the same point in their terms. Obama’s numbers are comparable to those of former President Ronald Reagan, whose approval rating was at 49 percent as he headed into his penultimate year in the White House.

Pew’s numbers reinforce a string of polls last month that showed the president’s ratings improving as he headed to Hawaii for his Christmas vacation.

The Pew poll was conducted Jan. 7-11 and surveyed 1,504 adults. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Poll: Barack Obama approval rating ticks upward
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:26:58 am »
The comeback kid...such a fickle people we are
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 12:31:28 am »
He's also stayed out of the news for most of December.  Bounce will not last long.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 12:56:17 am »
At this point in time, do Obama's approval numbers really matter?  He's not up for re-election and quite frankly it is obvious he doesn't give a damn whether people approve of him or not.  He could care less. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 12:58:23 am »
At this point in time, do Obama's approval numbers really matter?  He's not up for re-election and quite frankly it is obvious he doesn't give a damn whether people approve of him or not.  He could care less.

It matters to the media and the Democrats because they live and die by the polls.

By having polls which show that "Obama is surging" they can say more and more people agree with their agenda and hate Republicans.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 07:54:55 am »
It matters to the media and the Democrats because they live and die by the polls.

By having polls which show that "Obama is surging" they can say more and more people agree with their agenda and hate Republicans.
It matters to me because I want the Kenyan to be as ineffectual after his term as Bush is now.
I'm not sure why Obama is so popular now...I think it is his masterful ignorance of world affairs
I pray the slaughter of hundreds of American deaths weighs heavy on his unAmerican soul.
I also pray he lives out his useless term and gives no-one reason to think he is more than dung.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 08:01:02 am »
It matters to me because I want the Kenyan to be as ineffectual after his term as Bush is now.
I'm not sure why Obama is so popular now...I think it is his masterful ignorance of world affairs
I pray the slaughter of hundreds of American deaths weighs heavy on his unAmerican soul.
I also pray he lives out his useless term and gives no-one reason to think he is more than dung.

:thumbsup: