Author Topic: Retired Army Lieutenant Colonel: You Deal with Terrorists by Leaving behind Their ‘Crying Widows’  (Read 14027 times)

Offline musiclady

The problem with that strategy is that Obama has replaced the entire military leadership in the past 3 years....with his own selected replacements.

We no longer have generals that believe in the incredible 'miracle' or the USA....what makes us exceptional, and the righteousness of the War on Terror.

True.  (That's what I referred to as "decapitation.")

I, however, believe that it may not take long after Obama's removal from office, for the military to reconstitute and become strong again.  I think that people who sign up, for the most part, believe in America, and that in spite of all the damage that's been done by Dex's President, the military can recover.

(I fully admit to being a hopeless optimist!)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:12:40 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I, however, believe that it may not take long after Obama's removal from office, for the military to reconstitute and become strong again.  I think that people who sign up, for the most part, believe in America, and that in spite of all the damage that's been done by Dex's President, the military can recover.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

A recent poll released shows the largest percentage of the troops in history despise their commander-in-chief.

Oh, let's call it by its name: Barack Hussein Obama.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:25:00 pm by aligncare »

Offline EdinVA

Agree, that is what makes all of this so hard to tolerate.....

Offline Relic

That's all true, IF we don't elect another America hating Democrat.

Offline musiclady

A recent poll released shows the largest percentage of the troops in history despise their commander-in-chief.

Oh, let's call it by its name: Barack Hussein Obama.

The salient point. 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Agree, that is what makes all of this so hard to tolerate.....

And infuriating.

Before 2009, I believe we could have done anything with our military strength.

It's sickening that we now have to build it back up after only 6 years of an anti-military, anti-American CinC.

Offline musiclady

That's all true, IF we don't elect another America hating Democrat.

As the saying goes........... from your lips to God's ears!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Radical islam has declared war on the civilized and the west, over and over. The fact they don't have a regular country (yet) doesn't negate the threat.

Some in the civilized sector, seem to think you merely will away the threat by pretending to not hear the declaration. And by refusing to act in your own defense, for instance.

The best defense is a great offense. War doesn't just go away because one wishes it would.

I believe we should (and should have already) put the Islamic world on notice: You take care of them, or we will have to. We have tried for over 10 years to use precise, humanitarian means. That has not worked. You do it or we do it.

Those who make up the market for Mideast oil, would be the ones saying this, btw. And that is why the President of Egypt said there needs to be a revolution of Islamic religious thought and teaching.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdinVA

And infuriating.

Before 2009, I believe we could have done anything with our military strength.

It's sickening that we now have to build it back up after only 6 years of an anti-military, anti-American CinC.

We still have the worlds best military, we just have 3rd world leadership

Offline aligncare

Be careful, t_s. Don't even hint the West live peaceably in a world of moderate Muslims. People are pissed off at Islam right now.

Offline musiclady

Good point.

Offline musiclady

I notice that Dex has "left the room."

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I notice that Dex has "left the room."

Dex is good at knowing when a conversation has run its course. Anything further would just be us reiterating what has already been said in this thread. We have thoroughly determined that we disagree. It's also kind of exhausting to debate 6 different people that are disagreeing with you at the same time.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

True! And he is an enemy agent to boot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Dex is good at knowing when a conversation has run its course. Anything further would just be us reiterating what has already been said in this thread. We have thoroughly determined that we disagree. It's also kind of exhausting to debate 6 different people that are disagreeing with you at the same time.

Perhaps there is a clue in there for you!

BTW: I din't forget about you I just thought that others were doing such a great job there was no need for my further input.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:58:05 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Hint:  If you are debating 6 intelligent individuals, and they are all ripping your argument to shreds, perhaps you should consider that your opinion may not be based on information, but rather on feelings.

If I were you, I'd rather be right than exhausted.   :patriot:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Hint:  If you are debating 6 intelligent individuals, and they are all ripping your argument to shreds, perhaps you should consider that your opinion may not be based on information, but rather on feelings.

If I were you, I'd rather be right than exhausted.   :patriot:

I must have missed the part where you ripped my argument to shreds. I have no doubt that you believe you and those that agree with you are right. In fact I'm sure nothing could ever convince you otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:19:39 am by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

I must have missed the part where you ripped my argument to shreds. I have no doubt that you believe you and those that agree with you are right. In fact I'm sure nothing could ever convince you otherwise.

You know, if you don't want people to think you're a liberal, you shouldn't keep arguing like one.

You've set up a series of bogus arguments, straw dogs, phony dichotomies and logical fallacies, and some how think that because your arguments haven't convinced a single person of anything (How could they?  There's no substance to any of them), that we are somehow blind followers of some belief that won't agree with you because we're not bright enough to 'get it.'

I'm sure that your own hubris keeps you going, Dex...... but it's not convincing any thinking person of your touchy-feely belief system.

We've all been in the real world for too long to fall for the same leftist arguments that have been around for decades.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:57:57 pm by musiclady »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dex asked:
[[ Do we fight them too as well as the next one and the one after that? Do we stay in the Middle East and fight an unwinnable fight forever? ]]

And EdinVA replied:
[[ The answer to your question is YES.  It is either fight or surrender.  You may surrender if you choose but I choose to be burried with an empty weapon! ]]

I sense that both of you are missing the point.

The REAL "fight" for The West (in its battle with islam) is not about what happens in dar al-islam.
It's about the struggle that is going on within dar al-harb.

Whether or not The West survives depends on what we do HERE, more than there.

What good would it serve to obliterate the entire Mideast, if countries like France and The Netherlands and Britain fall to islam, come under sharia?

The struggle for Western Freedom depends on winning IN The West.
Right now, one only needs to look around to understand that we are not "winning".

Why do you think I keep posting my "two word question" that I do in appropriate threads?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

:beer:

I salute Dex also, for holding in there against superior numbers and firepower. That's the kind of perseverance that's needed to win political battles.

:patriot: