Author Topic: Retired Army Lieutenant Colonel: You Deal with Terrorists by Leaving behind Their ‘Crying Widows’  (Read 14044 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
You're still using straw dog arguments.....  Come up with something that has a basis in reality, and not imagination.
I'm asking you if that is your solution. You admit that there will just be another bad guy. Do we fight them too as well as the next one and the one after that? Do we stay in the Middle East and fight an unwinnable fight forever?

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Once again, 9/11 negates your point.

We weren't bombing anyone's cities when they slaughtered 3,000 of us.

Straw.  Dog.

How does 9/11 negate my point? I'm not saying there weren't already extremists that hated us. I am saying that when we occupy their country it becomes easier for them to expand their numbers.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

This is a movement, not just a few angry men and if it is not resolved our grandkids will have to deal with it, our kids already are.
The entire world has to figure out how many violations of fundamental human decency we are are going to tolerate and for how long.

Do you believe the solution is more war? How does more war solve the problem? Should we just kill all of them? If not, how are we going to remove the problem?
-Socrates

Offline EdinVA

Do you believe the solution is more war? How does more war solve the problem? Should we just kill all of them? If not, how are we going to remove the problem?

That is obviously what it will take.  Have you read or seen anything that would indicate there is an end to this?
Islam has been killing innocent people for centuries, even in my lifetime they have been a constant threat worldwide, this did not start with 911, that was just the biggest and it happened in our backyard.

Offline Dexter

That is obviously what it will take.  Have you read or seen anything that would indicate there is an end to this?
Islam has been killing innocent people for centuries, even in my lifetime they have been a constant threat worldwide, this did not start with 911, that was just the biggest and it happened in our backyard.

So you support the eradication of every Islamic man, woman and child that lives in the Middle East and throughout the world?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:53:30 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
How does 9/11 negate my point? I'm not saying there weren't already extremists that hated us. I am saying that when we occupy their country it becomes easier for them to expand their numbers.

Not intending to run off on a tangent....talking about the validity of beans in chili, for example.

But there always is a kernel of truth in the Administration's claims.

Having no job, no career, no exciting life prospects....that's a helluva lot easier to find followers and believers to join your war on The Great Satan.  As they saying goes, "Idleness is the devil's workshop".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
It is the extremists that indoctrinate young people that are to blame for growing hatred of the United States. The problem is that it becomes easy for them to indoctrinate young people when we are occupying their country and bombing their cities.

You already said we aren't currently doing these things and yet the attacks continue.

They are indoctrinated in Islamic teaching and highly motivated by it.  Not "occupying", not "bombing their cities", not political meddling.  They are living their beliefs, which are that they must kill the infidel or extract a tribute.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline musiclady

I'm asking you if that is your solution. You admit that there will just be another bad guy. Do we fight them too as well as the next one and the one after that? Do we stay in the Middle East and fight an unwinnable fight forever?

"Admit??"   Interesting choice of words, Dex.....   As if you think I'm acceding to your debate point?  Oy.   **nononono*

(Perhaps some day on another thread, we can have a theological discussion on the problem of evil, and the human heart).

As to whether or not we fight them.......  The answer is that, IF they pose a national security threat to our citizens (and they DO), then YES, we fight them, and continue to do so.

Only we don't fight them with random bombing strikes as we are doing now.  We do what Obama claims we are going to do, but never do, we "hunt them down."  We kill the bad guys.   And we don't blame ourselves for the fact that they hate us. 

The closest we have come to success in this war against Islamofascism is when we drew them into Iraq (whether by design or not), and killed them by the thousands.

What we need is a deliberate strategy to draw them together, and annihilate them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

Having no job, no career, no exciting life prospects....that's a helluva lot easier to find followers and believers to join your war on The Great Satan.  As they saying goes, "Idleness is the devil's workshop".

Especially if your home or family was caught in the crossfire.
-Socrates

Offline EdinVA

So you support the eradication of every Islamic man, woman and child that lives in the Middle East?

I support fighting as hard and fast as we can until we see a white flag.
Why are the 20 million living in Afghanistan, the 20+ million in Iraq and millions in Syria not fighting their own battle?
If the world ever decided enough is enough, this would be over in months but we are too concerned about their families and their sons that we send out sons and daughters to be wounded, or worse, on their battlefield because we don't want them to break a fingernail.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:57:32 pm by EdinVA »

Offline musiclady

So you support the eradication of every Islamic man, woman and child that lives in the Middle East and throughout the world?

Stop it with the false dichotomies, Dex.

It's wearisome. 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

"Admit??"   Interesting choice of words, Dex.....   As if you think I'm acceding to your debate point?  Oy.   **nononono*

(Perhaps some day on another thread, we can have a theological discussion on the problem of evil, and the human heart).

As to whether or not we fight them.......  The answer is that, IF they pose a national security threat to our citizens (and they DO), then YES, we fight them, and continue to do so.

Only we don't fight them with random bombing strikes as we are doing now.  We do what Obama claims we are going to do, but never do, we "hunt them down."  We kill the bad guys.   And we don't blame ourselves for the fact that they hate us. 

The closest we have come to success in this war against Islamofascism is when we drew them into Iraq (whether by design or not), and killed them by the thousands.

What we need is a deliberate strategy to draw them together, and annihilate them.

So you believe it is actually possible to end Islamic extremism without the mass culling of peaceful Islamic people?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:02:31 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

I can't defend any particular point of view but my own. But, ....

Conservative estimates are that out of 1.4 billion Muslims, 300 million Islamists are agitating and threatening the infidel world. 300 million. That's a lot of crazies. The common thread is Islam. Seems to me the argument is should the West attack one of the world's religions (a neo crusades), or do we just go after the crazies (the Wahhabis)?

Some here argue the problem is Islam. In fact, some of the Christians in the Middle East argue the same thing. They say Islam at its core is intolerant of any other faith.

I've said it before, I'm not smart enough to know what to do, what the right thing to do is, what action to take to protect the west, in particular America. I. Don't. Know.

Offline Dexter

I support fighting as hard and fast as we can until we see a white flag.
There won't be a white flag. These people don't care about dying for their cause, and the more of them we kill the more justified they feel, and the easier it becomes for them to recruit more extremists.

Why are the 20 million living in Afghanistan, the 20+ million in Iraq and millions in Syria not fighting their own battle?
That is an outstanding question.

If the world ever decided enough is enough, this would be over in months but we are too concerned about their families and their sons that we send out sons and daughters to be wounded, or worse, on their battlefield because we don't want them to break a fingernail.

Death breeds more hatred no matter how good our intentions are.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

So you believe it is actually possible to end Islamic extremism without the mass culling peaceful Islamic people?

Another false argument.  (Are you being obtuse on purpose, or can't you help it?)

Ask it again, only with some semblance of a response based on what I actually said in my post, and not the regurgitation of a ready made talking point........

Offline Dexter

Another false argument.  (Are you being obtuse on purpose, or can't you help it?)

Ask it again, only with some semblance of a response based on what I actually said in my post, and not the regurgitation of a ready made talking point........

Your solution will not work.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

According to your elitist belief system.....

Offline EdinVA

There won't be a white flag. These people don't care about dying for their cause, and the more of them we kill the more justified they feel, and the easier it becomes for them to recruit more extremists.

We are the ones that help the Muslims run Russia out of Afghanistan and then they jumped down our throats so your statement does not hold water.

The mulims will not stop until we are all converted/burried.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:07:04 pm by EdinVA »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Dex reminds me of the naïve peaceniks of the 60s, ala John and Yoko. "Give Peace a Chance."

Admirably idealistic, but entirely unrealistic. Our enemies then and now are evil. Evil will not change or give up, if you cease to resist them; they will march right across the territory you stop defending.

The North Vietnamese (and their supporters in Moscow and Bejing) were only too happy to encourage America's young people to push for peace.

Much the same was true throughout the Cold War. The USSR supported the US anti-war movement, the anti-nuke movements, back then.

Likewise the terrorists of the world today, are pleased that their devastation is aided by those who want to stop fighting them. 

World Islamic domination is an existential threat to the US, just as world communism was a threat before. The muslim terrorists want to take over one country after another, and they will settle for what they can get.

That means the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, continual strife in parts of Syria and Iraq, ISIL if you will.

If you do not oppose them, they will simply move farther and faster. If one denies that, he is both unrealistic and naïve.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

You're on fire today, truth_seeker. Yes, we have to fight the bad guys. This is no longer a question of us being the world's policeman.

Unfortunately, we're not engaging in the way we should to get the job done. Because our commander-in-chief is a *ussy. (Sorry, ladies. That's just the Neanderthal in me talking)

Offline musiclady

Actually, I haven't stated a 'solution' per se, but how about thinking about this, Dex........

Though I understand that you don't have the same respect for and confidence in the military that most of the rest of us do, hear me out on this simple point.

The US military is the strongest, and most noble force ever assembled in world history over the face of the globe.  Even with the massive mess up of the Obama administration in its attempts to cuckold, decapitate and PC-ize the military, it is still strong.

For the first time since WWII, I recommend letting THEM make the calls.  Let them come up with the strategy, respond to the threat, put as many forces in the field they deem best, and let them "kill people and break things" without worrying about the PC crowd on the left.

Let them assess the enemy, choose the strategy, and annihilate those who are trying to destroy us, and our way of life.

Give them the power and authority they need to get the job done, eliminating the restrictive ROE we have now, reinstating the Generals and Majors that Obama has removed, and let them do what they do best.

NOT fight Ebola.  Fight EVIL.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Dex reminds me of the naïve peaceniks of the 60s, ala John and Yoko. "Give Peace a Chance."

Admirably idealistic, but entirely unrealistic. Our enemies then and now are evil. Evil will not change or give up, if you cease to resist them; they will march right across the territory you stop defending.

The North Vietnamese (and their supporters in Moscow and Bejing) were only too happy to encourage America's young people to push for peace.

Much the same was true throughout the Cold War. The USSR supported the US anti-war movement, the anti-nuke movements, back then.

Likewise the terrorists of the world today, are pleased that their devastation is aided by those who want to stop fighting them. 

World Islamic domination is an existential threat to the US, just as world communism was a threat before. The muslim terrorists want to take over one country after another, and they will settle for what they can get.

That means the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, continual strife in parts of Syria and Iraq, ISIL if you will.

If you do not oppose them, they will simply move farther and faster. If one denies that, he is both unrealistic and naïve.

Extremely well said!  and absolutely true!

Kudos!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

For the first time since WWII, I recommend letting THEM make the calls.  Let them come up with the strategy, respond to the threat, put as many forces in the field they deem best, and let them "kill people and break things" without worrying about the PC crowd on the left.

Let them assess the enemy, choose the strategy, and annihilate those who are trying to destroy us, and our way of life.

Give them the power and authority they need to get the job done, eliminating the restrictive ROE we have now, reinstating the Generals and Majors that Obama has removed, and let them do what they do best.

The problem with that strategy is that Obama has replaced the entire military leadership in the past 3 years....with his own selected replacements.

We no longer have generals that believe in the incredible 'miracle' or the USA....what makes us exceptional, and the righteousness of the War on Terror.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

The answer to your question is YES.  It is either fight or surrender.  You may surrender if you choose but I choose to be burried with an empty weapon!

Offline Relic

I agree, give the muslims what they want. Because what they want is war.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/islams-religious-war-with-everyone/