Author Topic: White House: Obama Will Fight Media To Stop Anti-Jihad Articles  (Read 2559 times)

Oceander

Re: White House: Obama Will Fight Media To Stop Anti-Jihad Articles
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 03:36:41 am »
I dislike Obama as much as the next person, but I really have to disagree with this sharia law nonsense. Even supposing he did want to bring sharia law into the U.S, do you really think the left wing would go for that? Sharia law calls for the oppression of women and says that homosexuals should be put to death. Sharia law is completely inconsistent with too much of what left wing voters want. It's too inconsistent with what any relevant political party wants. The United States and its people are far too cultured to ever fall victim to sharia law. If Obama came out as some sharia law supporting nut case the left would not follow him; he would lose his supporters and he would be chased out of office. Constantly screaming about the left wing wanting to impose sharia law is just making the right wing look ignorant, and it is distancing them from even more voters.

I don't think Obama has the brains to figure out what Sharia is.  At heart he's a parochial little bully whose political skills don't go much farther than bringing a metaphorical gun to a metaphorical knife fight.  Obama got where he is today because of his skin color and the fact that he has a certain sly cunning.

Obama isn't interested in Sharia, he simply views the world through the classic (ultimately suicidal) lenses of the left (particularly the American left); to wit:  the whole world is really not very different from your average liberal middle-class American so if we would only treat them like that they would see the light and we would all get along.  Or, perhaps more likely, he (and most of the American left) see the whole world through the lens of the "community organizer"/"community activist" who protests and advocates for the purpose of forcing "the system" or "whitey" to give him and his "community" the same middle-class bennies that "whitey" enjoys.

That is probably why Obama (and the American left generally) seems congenitally incapable of comprehending the fact that radical islamists are fighting an existential war.

Offline musiclady

Re: White House: Obama Will Fight Media To Stop Anti-Jihad Articles
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 03:40:22 am »
I don't think the left government has any integrity, but I do believe a lot of its voter base does. Perhaps they are ignorant, but completely lacking integrity? I don't think so. Do you think the young liberals you know if your life would rationalize sharia law? Do you think they'd do a complete 180 and say gays should be stoned to death? Do you think they'd support women not being allowed to vote or have any significant presence in society?

Of course they won't turn around if it affects THEM, because the young ones don't have a grip on reality.  They live in a Jon Stewart bubble world, and get their 'news' from comedians.

But they DO support Islam........... even the so-called 'feminists' among them, and those who claim to support "gay" rights.  Which, of course, is fundamentally dishonest, and lacking in intellectual integrity.  Young leftists have been inculcated with thinking what is black is white, and what is white is black. 

They don't even have the intellectual integrity to ask the right questions.

Because if they did have to face the reality of what they support, they'd have a collective meltdown.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.