Author Topic: HufPo Pushes Shovels Over Guns For Self-Defense  (Read 411 times)

rangerrebew

HufPo Pushes Shovels Over Guns For Self-Defense
« on: January 13, 2015, 12:03:24 pm »
HufPo Pushes Shovels Over Guns For Self-Defense

By Brian Anderson, January 12, 2015.

To say The Huffington Post is against guns and armed self-defense is kind of like saying Obama struggles with the truth: it’s an understatement. That’s why I was taken aback by an article on the site today about a man in Florida that thwarted a would-be robber with a shovel.

Shovel Beats Gun In Strip Club Showdown:

Two men were able to use a shovel to fend off a gunman who was allegedly trying to rob one of them at around 2 a.m. Friday, Bay News 9 reports. Thomas Allopenna, 26, had just emerged from The Players Club, a strip club in Hudson, Florida, and was sitting in his truck when deputies say 22-year-old Jonathan Luis Crespo fired five shots from a handgun into the vehicle’s window.

Allopenna was struck three times. He then got out of the truck and grabbed Crespo, who allegedly demanded Allopenna hand over all his belongings, according to Patch. That’s when a bystander, who has not been identified, ran over with a shovel and hit Crespo with it. Allopenna then took control of the shovel and continued beating the would-be robber.

At first glance, I couldn’t figure out why this article was even on The HufPo. It doesn’t involve white privilege, rape culture, or redistribution of wealth. Then it struck me: they posted this piece as part of their anti-gun agenda. The whole point of putting this up is to say: “See, you don’t need a gun to protect yourself from bad guys. Shovels work just fine.”

Consider this a sneaky way to sway public opinion in favor of more restrictive gun control. Who needs a firearm when shovels are so effective at crime prevention, right? Luckily, even when they are being underhanded, liberals are easily defeated in a gun debate. It just so happens that I found this:

Police: Detroit man fatally shot in the head while shoveling snow

Police say a black male wearing a brown Carhart jacket walked up to a man shoveling snow and shot him in the head.

As you can see, the shovel offered little protection for the man who was pronounced dead on the scene. But wait, there’s more:

Salt Lake City police shot and killed 42-year old James Barker after he attacked an officer with a shovel. There’s even video of the incident to prove how ineffective shovels are against guns:

Once again gun beats shovel. It’s not even close. In the past week alone a person had an over 66% chance of dying in a gun versus shovel fight. Those are simply unacceptable odds when it comes to life and death.

The HufPo has failed miserably in promoting shovels over guns for self-defense. Sure, it’s better than nothing, but I think I’ll keep my firearms just in case.

Follow Brian Anderson on Twitter

http://downtrend.com/71superb/hufpo-pushes-shovels-over-guns-for-self-defense/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:03:55 pm by rangerrebew »