Author Topic: Carter: Give Obama A Break for Not Going to Paris, He Just Came Back from Vacation...[no joke]  (Read 444 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/online/carter-give-obama-a-break-for-not-going-to-paris-he-just-came-back-from-vacation/

Carter: Give Obama A Break for Not Going to Paris, He Just Came Back from Vacation
by Tina Nguyen | 12:30 pm, January 13th, 2015

Former president Jimmy Carter told a group of reporters that they should give Barack Obama a bit of a break for not attending the recent solidarity march in Paris, which dozens of other world leaders attended.

“I don’t think there’s any need for criticism,” he said, according to the Wall Street Journal.

“The president sometimes can’t go where he’d prefer to go,” Carter continued. “He’s just come back from vacation so I think he’s probably got a lot on his desk.” (Obama recently came back from his Hawaii Christmas vacation, where he was roundly criticized for ruining a wedding.)

But all will be fixed, Carter added: “As you know the Secretary of State [John Kerry] is going over there to represent us.”

Carter’s comments, made during a press conference on the opening of a new exhibit on disease eradication at the American Museum of Natural History, were given shortly before the weekly White House press briefing, in which Josh Earnest admitted that someone with a “higher profile” should have attended the march. (Carter could have gone! Everybody likes Carter.)
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

My late father also had Alzheimer's disease. How very sad for the Carter family.
 :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org